Barclays Capital

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2009.

Interview Details – Barcap conducted desk-hiring interview. First round was online test, followed by telephone interview, and then assessment center. Half of the assessment center was occupied by interviews with different desks. Company culture is one of the more relaxing ones among investment banks.

Interview Question – Probability question   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2011.

Interview Details – On Campus First Round had a strength based interview with two people.
Final round had desk specific Hiring. Mostly Traders, Structurers, and some guys from Funding Desk attended.
Structurers and Funding Desk did pure strength based interviews, Trader's mostly went for brainteasers. Not too many technical questions.
Some of the attendees had up to eight interviews, amount of interviews seemed to highly depend on school's brand name. Also one group trading game with 4-5 people teams.

Interview Question – If you noticed that your boss did something that does not comply with Barclays Code of Ethics, how would you react?   Answer Question

Trader
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2009.

Interview Details – First of all there are 2 online tests, maths and verbal reasoning. Phone interview is composed completely ofl competency based questions, name a time when you... helped someone, were out of your comfort zone, worked in a team, took on a leadership role. The interview started as always with "tell me about yourself". Knowledge of the firms recent history is recommended, as are the usual questions of why barcap, why investment banking, why trading, why an internship. The interviewer was pleasant although not too helpful with prompts etc. Questions are not too hard although thinking up an example of what they you are being asked for is quite difficult especially as some of the questions were very specific.

Interview Question – Tell me about the recent history of Barcap   Answer Question

Trader

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Managing Directors of the different groups. They asked general market questions and behavioral based questions like "Tell me about a time when you are faced with a conflict in your previous jobs or in school". Be prepared to give your views about the general market condition and the economy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you are faced with a conflict   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2009.

Interview Details – Apply online and then phone interview. First about fit. Why Barclays, why trading. Then go through your resume, but sure to be prepared, especially the items in the front. I was asked to introduce my major, what did I do in the extra-curriculum activities. In the end, ask questions like if you're given 2 million how would you advise to invest? Can you give an experience that you took a risk? Also, do you have any questions? It was a 20 minutes HR phone interview from Singopore.

Interview Question – If you were given 2 million dollars, how would you invest it?   View Answer

Trader

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was an interview two days after my final exams. Strange enough, I wasn't called for an assessment centre, but went straight to the final round of interviews after my phone interview. Basically I interviewed for a position in FX trading, and I was asked a variety of questions from yield curve, current interest rates, upcoming economic indicators, etc.

Interview Question – What is the current US yield curve, how would you calculate the forward rate, which cnetral bank had a news release this morning   Answer Question

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!