Barclays Capital

3.1

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2014.

Online form first then online test. Telephone interview was strength-based so not too hard. Assessment centre was held in Marriot hotel starting with a group exercise and three interviews. Three interviews are all conducted by VPs, can be quite technical but mostly about personality and understanding of the business.

Fldp Telephone Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions
    • Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question

Client Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

2 stage process - 1 with hiring manager and 1 with dept head. Competency based interview and they asks questions to see if you fit within the team, e.g. what is your weakness? tell me a process improvement that you have made?

Interview Questions
    • Mainly competency focused and what i did in my previous roles.   Answer Question
    Negotiate a higher rate - the manager took off 10% once i signed the contract.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Submitted an application and got a response the same week. The following week got a telephone interview, which had the feel of a normal leadership, teamwork, etc. questions. However, recruiters are not allowed to paraphrase the question so you have to interpret it, as best as you can and give specific example. The following after the interview, I was invite to an AC with the same questions only a little bit more in-depth. In addition, there was a game where we had to make a 3x3 cube out of smaller cubes, ensuring that each side has the same colour. In addition, adjacent colours cannot be the same. After the AC got a call from the recruiter telling me I was successful. Very friendly and nice company culture, which tries to get the best of you. MAKE SURE YOU MENTION the values RISES ...

Interview Questions
    • How did you feel when a friend of yours acted unethically?   Answer Question

FX Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Standard bank hiring questions

Long and drawn out but standard for banks.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2014.

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.

Spring Insight Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Online application and immediately invited to sit the numerical and verbal tests. Then progressed onto the phone interview with HR which was mainly competency based and included questions such as why Barclays, why IBD, recent news that would affect the division you are applying to, what is the structure of an investment bank. Received notification that I had passed the telephone interview about a month later. The AC consisted of a group discussion, one on one interviews which were a mixture of competency and commercial awareness questions. No technicals.

Did not negotiate

Spring Week Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Online

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2014.

Standard application The Online Application Form, Online Numerical Reasoning Test, Part 2 of the Online Application Form (for those who meet or exceed the minimum numerical reasoning requirement) Then a telephone interview then assessment center

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a team? (This is hard as there is no context at all)   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

- Standard Psychometric tests and competency based application form

- Followed by Phone Interview which was "Strengths-Based", lots of weird questions about being inclusive in the office and moral codes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you confronted someone who was cheating?   Answer Question