Barclays Capital Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.1

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Very extensive online application, with multiple specific essays that have to be written. After online math and verbal reasoning tests, got a phone interview. It was a bad experience, the interviewer called late, laughed at some of my answers and never gave me feedback ...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Online application form, online tests, phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to do something that was against the company's ethics or your own ethics, but made the company a lot of money would you do it?   Answer Question

Strategic Analytics FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I had an interview with HR-managers of the company. Among the questions asked were standard questions such as:
    1) Why finance?
    2) Why Barclays?
    3) Why this program?
    4) Why this division
    and a few situational questions (describe a situation where you showed your leadership)

Interview Questions
    • In each example I provided I was asked to tell which aspects of this situation I liked the most and the least.   Answer Question

IBD Off Cycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

phone interview then assessment centre

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2013.

Online Application-numerical Test-communication test-Telephone interview. I was informed to take tele interview after almost 2 months of submitting application and they asked you to choose what time is suitable for you. But, unfortunately, they called me on the day and told me my tele interview was to be put off by a day. which was a bit unpleasant .

Interview Questions
    • How do you think about ethics? what will you do if you see someone doing something not ethical?   Answer Question

FLDP Strategic Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

cv screening, online tests, phone interview, simulation day, case study.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Applied online. The recruitment team got back to me in a day and asked me to take the numerical + inductive reasoning tests. After passing the test, heard back in 1 working day and was invited to a telephone interview. The telephone interview was strengths based, lasted half and hour, and the lady interviewing me was probably the nicest person to have ever interviewed me.

Heard back next day and was invited to an assessment centre at Glasgow. Had breakfast with the assessors and this gave us a chance to speak to them and find out about life at Barclays. Had a one on one strengths based interview to start the day.

This was followed by a group project which was extremely difficult (my group failed the task but got great feedback because we showed exceptional team work). This was followed by a one-on-one technical interview, which was mostly about Data Structures, Software Development and DBMS. I was also quizzed about my motivation to join a technology role.

At the end of the assessment centre, was asked to retake the numerical test.

Was offered the job half an hour after the completion of the assessment centre.

Was very impressed by the people who I met on the day and this speaks volumes about the firm. They were all very polite and the interviewers made us feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • From a list of Data Structures, which one would be the best for a specific task and why? Can you give an example to prove it?   View Answer
    No negotiations, but the salary offered was very generous and almost 20% more than anywhere else in the industry. Also, I was offered a big sign-on bonus.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

straightforward, not much time to think. the interview was not really difficult a part from this two question that didn't really specify if it was needed an saver in term of banking/financial sector or a personal point of view, a part from that was a formal competency based interview,

Interview Questions
    • what does it means for you the word INCLUSION

What are the 3 most important things on the global agenda
        Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Went through the logical and numerical tests. Got a phone Interview with a very nice woman who was willing to make me feel comfortable. It was a strengths-based interview with questions on teamwork, relationships in a team, dealing with large projects... etc
    Then I was invited to the Assessment Center. We were about 10 summer/graduate applicants. 2 groups were made.
    - Group task : assembling sort of a rubik's cube with certain constraints
    - Strengths-Based Interview pretty much like the phone interview
    - Technical Interview with questions on projects I had completed, data structures, software developping processes etc

Interview Questions
    • What are Barclays' values and strategy?   View Answer
    No Negociation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2013.

standard, online application,online tests, phone interview, AC