Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – - Standard Psychometric tests and competency based application form

- Followed by Phone Interview which was "Strengths-Based", lots of weird questions about being inclusive in the office and moral codes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you confronted someone who was cheating?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Interview Details – straightforward, not much time to think. the interview was not really difficult a part from this two question that didn't really specify if it was needed an saver in term of banking/financial sector or a personal point of view, a part from that was a formal competency based interview,

Interview Question – what does it means for you the word INCLUSION

What are the 3 most important things on the global agenda
  Answer Question

Strategic Analytics FLDP Interview

Strategic Analytics FLDP

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details – I had an interview with HR-managers of the company. Among the questions asked were standard questions such as:
1) Why finance?
2) Why Barclays?
3) Why this program?
4) Why this division
and a few situational questions (describe a situation where you showed your leadership)

Interview Question – In each example I provided I was asked to tell which aspects of this situation I liked the most and the least.   Answer Question

IBD Off Cycle Interview

IBD Off Cycle
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – phone interview then assessment centre

Interview Question – Do you think people listen to you?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. The recruitment team got back to me in a day and asked me to take the numerical + inductive reasoning tests. After passing the test, heard back in 1 working day and was invited to a telephone interview. The telephone interview was strengths based, lasted half and hour, and the lady interviewing me was probably the nicest person to have ever interviewed me.

Heard back next day and was invited to an assessment centre at Glasgow. Had breakfast with the assessors and this gave us a chance to speak to them and find out about life at Barclays. Had a one on one strengths based interview to start the day.

This was followed by a group project which was extremely difficult (my group failed the task but got great feedback because we showed exceptional team work). This was followed by a one-on-one technical interview, which was mostly about Data Structures, Software Development and DBMS. I was also quizzed about my motivation to join a technology role.

At the end of the assessment centre, was asked to retake the numerical test.

Was offered the job half an hour after the completion of the assessment centre.

Was very impressed by the people who I met on the day and this speaks volumes about the firm. They were all very polite and the interviewers made us feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – From a list of Data Structures, which one would be the best for a specific task and why? Can you give an example to prove it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but the salary offered was very generous and almost 20% more than anywhere else in the industry. Also, I was offered a big sign-on bonus.

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – Extensive questions on teamwork and soft skills, hardly any questions regarding the actual job or technical details.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the logical and numerical tests. Got a phone Interview with a very nice woman who was willing to make me feel comfortable. It was a strengths-based interview with questions on teamwork, relationships in a team, dealing with large projects... etc
Then I was invited to the Assessment Center. We were about 10 summer/graduate applicants. 2 groups were made.
- Group task : assembling sort of a rubik's cube with certain constraints
- Strengths-Based Interview pretty much like the phone interview
- Technical Interview with questions on projects I had completed, data structures, software developping processes etc

Interview Question – What are Barclays' values and strategy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negociation

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2013.

Interview Details – standard, online application,online tests, phone interview, AC

Interview Question – what 's your weakness   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty interesting. A lot of probability and programming questions. It consisted of several 1:1 interviews and team cases. It was a final round interview in London for EMEA region candidates. If you want to pass this round you need to review all your university's program before the interview.

Interview Question – trading game   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

Interview Details – Compared to other banks I have interviewed, Barclays analysts and associates who attended my school's campus recruiting event were not that sharp. The phone interview process was pretty typical and standard. The first round F2F interview included more technical questions and brainteasers. Luckily, I had prepared based on information shared on How to Break into Wall Street and Wall Street Oasis, so it was not hard after all.

Interview Question – If a new country was founded, obviously there were no historical records on this country's equity or debt market, no international trade before, no FDI etc. How would you evaluate the credit risk of this country?   Answer Question