Barclays Capital

Barclays Capital Vice President Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Not a tricky interview. You just need to have industry knowledge and experience.

Some negotiation. Not much.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Role: Front office technology
    First round(telecon): 30 min tech
    Second round(telecon): 2 hrs (talked to 4 people) - tech + derivatives
    F2F in NYC office: 9 am to 4:30 pm - Java, Algorithms, Written test, Derivatives, Fixed Income

Interview Questions
    • Lot of questions related to algorithms - linked list, array, hashcode etc
      Lot of finance ques - options greeks, bond duration, correlation, option pricing

Answer Question
    No negotiation as the offer was better than my expectation.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Had a combination of phone and video interviews. All went well and the fit was good on both sides. The process did extend beyond the normal period for a replacement hire due to internal politics on which office the position would be located. Overall a good experience though. HR and other support were great during the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • A question completely unrelated to the line of work for which I was applying, i.e. a technical question. Turns out this person was testing me to see if I would be suitable for an open position in their universe.   Answer Question
    It was not as painful as most places can be. Had a great hiring manager that delivered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

I didnt recieve any technical questions which was disapointing as this is predominantly where my skill set lies. All the questions were about management and personality style which is fine but I would have prefered it to be more balanced.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

The entire hiring and interview process takes easily 3 to 5 months. Decision-making takes considerable time, before progressing to next stage. Have patience.

Vice President Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

A couple of interviews

Negotiations are possible even in the current market and depends entirely on how much they need to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2012.

Seven total interviews with four different people on three different occasions over a period of about a month plus a separate meeting with two consultants from the recruitment agency. I was assured an offer was forthcoming. After several weeks of maintaining that it would be in my hand within the week, they called back to say that senior management had changed their mind and they wouldn't be hiring anybody.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were in line with my expectations given the nature of the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2008.

Can be a lengthy process. My interview process involved four interviews. The first with HR, the second with the direct hiring manager, the third with the department head and finally the last interview was with the department global head. Interview format is quiet standard, questions are more geared towards your experience and what you could bring to the department and the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't any really difficult or unexpected questions. So long as you know what how your experience is related to the role you are interviewing for you will be fine.   Answer Question