Barclays Capital

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Role: Front office technology
First round(telecon): 30 min tech
Second round(telecon): 2 hrs (talked to 4 people) - tech + derivatives
F2F in NYC office: 9 am to 4:30 pm - Java, Algorithms, Written test, Derivatives, Fixed Income

Interview Question – Lot of questions related to algorithms - linked list, array, hashcode etc
Lot of finance ques - options greeks, bond duration, correlation, option pricing
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as the offer was better than my expectation.

Vice President

I applied through other source and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Not a tricky interview. You just need to have industry knowledge and experience.

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation. Not much.

Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – Had a combination of phone and video interviews. All went well and the fit was good on both sides. The process did extend beyond the normal period for a replacement hire due to internal politics on which office the position would be located. Overall a good experience though. HR and other support were great during the hiring process.

Interview Question – A question completely unrelated to the line of work for which I was applying, i.e. a technical question. Turns out this person was testing me to see if I would be suitable for an open position in their universe.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not as painful as most places can be. Had a great hiring manager that delivered.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in November 2011.

Interview Details – I didnt recieve any technical questions which was disapointing as this is predominantly where my skill set lies. All the questions were about management and personality style which is fine but I would have prefered it to be more balanced.

Interview Questions

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – The entire hiring and interview process takes easily 3 to 5 months. Decision-making takes considerable time, before progressing to next stage. Have patience.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2012.

Interview Details – Seven total interviews with four different people on three different occasions over a period of about a month plus a separate meeting with two consultants from the recruitment agency. I was assured an offer was forthcoming. After several weeks of maintaining that it would be in my hand within the week, they called back to say that senior management had changed their mind and they wouldn't be hiring anybody.

Interview Question – All the questions were in line with my expectations given the nature of the role.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2008.

Interview Details – Can be a lengthy process. My interview process involved four interviews. The first with HR, the second with the direct hiring manager, the third with the department head and finally the last interview was with the department global head. Interview format is quiet standard, questions are more geared towards your experience and what you could bring to the department and the job itself.

Interview Question – There isn't any really difficult or unexpected questions. So long as you know what how your experience is related to the role you are interviewing for you will be fine.   Answer Question

Vice President

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details – A couple of interviews

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are possible even in the current market and depends entirely on how much they need to

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!