Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Analyst, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with recruiters throughout the process and was selected for superday after a formal application process. The superday was a series of three interviews. The overall experience of the interview was positive - Barclays made an effort to get to know me as a person and to ensure that I'd be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions that demonstrated why I'd be a good fit for the bank.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with a staffing company. I Followed up with the staffing can't and never got a response. the same staffing company (different.person) contacted a few months later about a different position. We had a 30 minute conversation and I've never heard back. Fool me once shame you, fool me twice shame on me

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for investment banking but got an interview (which they werent clear about what it was for until the super day) for role in rotation program in either finance, compliance, legal, technology, or operations. 4 people of various seniority interviewed me for super day. Got offer and told me I will be in finance group (product control, financial control, and other rotations). Interview was long: 30 minutes each but whole day lasted like 5 hours, lots of ivy league competition but they usually don't even have a degree in anything business related so don't worry. Stay friendly and promote your hard work without boasting. If you want to get in finance group then know the economy, basic instruments, and where the market is at and your outlook and why. Personality is most important though! Don't be cockey!

Interview Questions

• Difference between product and financial control, how falling rates affect prepayment risk in mbs/cmo then mostly behavioral like name a time you were on a team where someone disagreed and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Super Day at Barclays, hiring event. Interviewed with three senior managers (managing directors, group heads, etc.) Interview was intense. It took about an hour. Did not know exactly what position I was interviewing for, just knew it was a role in compliance. Process was really quick, within 3 weeks I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best manager I've every had and why? What negative things have you heard about the company in the news/media?   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview but the team manager/interviewer was a 1/2 hour late. She apologized due to meetings but still did not make a great impression. The interview was not stressful until work hours were discussed. She was perturbed because I specifically needed day hours Monday to Friday due to evening and Sat commitments with a part-time teaching position. I received a rejection email later the same day but it was for another position I applied for online a week or two earlier--not the position I was interviewed for. I had sent a thank you note, but also sent the recruiter a note to clarify the rejection email but I never received a response. I was promised an answer a week later--that never came. The biggest turnoff was that the job description mentioned nothing about being flexible to work weekends and evenings or I would not have wasted my time applying. Otherwise, the benefit plan mentioned was very good as were performance incentives and a nice complex and area to work in.

Interview Questions

• This is a 24/7 call center and would you be able to work any shift?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

4 Interviews and 1 written test. The interviews are separate with different areas. And the written test is of 40 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. The interviewers are nice people but the questions are quite technical related with finance, math, probability. I couldn't answer all the question but they will give a direction on it. I didn't do well and I didn't get an offer from it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacts for the interview; half an hour telephone with the VP directly, go over the resume and chat a little bit ; the team is small but the lady would like to know my passion and how can I fit the team. results in 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• let me about yourself; how would you fit the position; tell me how to solve the problem with clientsf   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a contracting company. process took more than a month. Once the contracting company's HR screened me for 30 minutes, submitted my resume to Barclays. Face to face interview with 2 VPs were scheduled and it went well. One of the VPs wanted have me talk to his partner from development side as the day of my 1st face to face interview VP of Dev was not available to talk since this job has high visibility. 2 weeks later 2nd face to face interview was scheduled with a panel of 3 people. 2 senior project managers and a VP of software development. During the interview, VP was not making eye contact or asking any question as he was looking on his smart phone. I felt really bad about the process. No communication from neither Barclays nor from the contracting company after the 2nd interview. 2 weeks later, I found out that that position was filled with a candidate whose resume was presented by the same contracting company presented my resume with less hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• Pros and cons of Aglie vs. Waterfall project management methodology   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

was for global markets rotational program. First round on campus, second round super day. First mostly fit questions (take in mind I'm from liberal arts background) - trying to figure out whether have key characteristic in whatevr you do - tenacity/dedication, confidence, passion...and just if you're fun enough to sit next to for 12hrs+ per day! Second still a lot of fit plus more on why Barclays and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• what is a quote (book, movie, song whatever) that really captures your outlook/M.O? What's a hobby you do just for you? What's a big failure you've had? What's a markets news story you've been following?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty smooth, two 30 minutes interview including one asked to walk through your resume and one tested the technical skill, it was not very difficult and be careful about their trap questions, they really want to find the determined person with coding skill. In a word, be prepared to show your basic data structure and algorithm knowledge, be confident and you will have a good chance to get the offer.