Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.2

Compliance Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in August 2014.

Met with a recruiting company and an interview was scheduled. This was a six month project with the option to renew indefinitely. According to the recruiter, candidates have the opportunity to become employees of Barclays if you succeed. Barclays performs a background check which includes a credit report. I was told that if you have delinquencies on your credit report that the amount should not exceed $4000.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. The three interviewers just asked me to tell them about myself.   View Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I had 2 interviews - one with the London team on phone and one in person interview in New York. I got the results in 3-4 days and was requested to join as soon as possible.

Vice President Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Barclays in July 2010.

Behavioral Interview process, standard questions around prior experiences, successes and failures. also examined my style of management, working with difficult people etc. All in all, the interview process was very straightforward for investment banking

Credit Risk Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Barclays.

Straight forward process. Asked about background and the typical interview questions. Didn't have enough experience in one of the areas they were looking for. So didn't get second round. An hour+ interview with two people.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in September 2013.

communication and responses were quick and cordial. Interview lasted 2 hours with 4 different people. The interview itself was very conversational and friendly. The interviewers seemed like they really wanted to get to know me and cared about my answers. I did not feel nervous walking them through my resume or explaining how I would be a good fit for the position

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

Applied online, was e-mailed for a phone interview. Phone interview was than cancelled. Than got another e-mail for Final Round Interview without doing anything. Weird experience.

Two 30-minute interviews at office in NYC. Both were half behavioral, with some technical and some questions asking about operations term.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Dodd Frank and it how affects our business.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays.

I was selected for an phone interview, after the online application. The phone interview came with two rounds, each one lasted for about 30 mins. The questions were pretty general, such as walk me through your resume, why Barclays

Interview Questions
    • Maybe it was a phone interview, there was not an expected question.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in October 2013.

Interview on campus; the process took about 2 weeks.

1-hour interview with 2 interviewers. Since the interview is for finance division and I stated that I had some experiences on the risk side, I was asked questions about this topic. Those are the only technical questions I got, and others are very behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about different types of risks that a bank faces   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays.

Several events leading up to the interview process, then two rounds of interviews before receiving offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Middle Markets Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Barclays in July 2010.

I met with the hiring manager several times over the course of three months. Following the meetings, I then met with other people on the trading floor, then the head of sales and trading. After several rounds and detailed conversations regarding accounts, revenue contribution levels, and personality fits, the head of sales and trading told me in the last interview that the firm is not hiring at that time. Despite attempting to reach the first point of contact, the first hiring manager to gain more clarity on the situation, I never heard from him again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!