Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays in March 2015.

Recruiter contacts for the interview; half an hour telephone with the VP directly, go over the resume and chat a little bit ; the team is small but the lady would like to know my passion and how can I fit the team.
    results in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • let me about yourself; how would you fit the position; tell me how to solve the problem with clientsf   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays.

was for global markets rotational program. First round on campus, second round super day. First mostly fit questions (take in mind I'm from liberal arts background) - trying to figure out whether have key characteristic in whatevr you do - tenacity/dedication, confidence, passion...and just if you're fun enough to sit next to for 12hrs+ per day! Second still a lot of fit plus more on why Barclays and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions
    • what is a quote (book, movie, song whatever) that really captures your outlook/M.O? What's a hobby you do just for you? What's a big failure you've had? What's a markets news story you've been following?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions. I needed to be very familiar with my own resume. They were very interested in both my academic record and the extra-curriculars on my resume. They asked some probing questions about my background as well.

They then gave me questions to test my math skills, eg percentage increase/decrease questions. They were also looking for an in-depth analysis of different industries as well as current market trends.

Interview Questions
    • The price of oil has been declining for a few months. Analyze the industry and it's current trends.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

I applied via the Barclays website (Taleo) in mid January 2015 for a specific position that was an exact match for my skillset and experience. In early February, a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which ultimately occured in mid February. The manager called me at the appointed time and we discussed my backgound, reasons for seeking a new position, and how I would react to hypothetical situations she proposed. The interview went well and I received feedback I would be a great fit for the spot; HOWEVER, the hiring requisition was not really firmed up to the extent she could proceed with the process but would reach out to me when and if the req was firmed up. As late March, I have not heard anything further but I would discuss the position further should it rematerialize at a later date.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you remain at _____ for only 1 year?   View Answer

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

I had a 2:1 on campus interview for first round. A bit later, I was invited to a Superday in the NYC office. It was 3 1-on-1 interviews with different MDs. All behavioral.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays.

I attended the SWE national conference and during the career fair opening, i visited Barclays booth and submitted my resume. I was sent a text the next morning that i was scheduled for an interview that morning and i should apply online before coming for the interview. The interview has two sections

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were asked based on what was on your resume. Your skills (technical), work experience etc.   Answer Question

Ibd Sa Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays.

diversitno unexpected question. standard behavioral questions for first round interview. asked about why IBD compared to other finance careers, your background, why diversity program, why barclyasy program: 1st round interview and then Superday in NYC

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

Two Round. The first one is more about behavior, the second is more technical. Did two IQ test and two programming problem. They are simple. The interviewer asked lots of questions about my projects on resume so make sure to prepare for it. Other normal question, like why our company, what can you do in our company etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

I applied online. Got an email for a phone interview which was scheduled, lasted 30 minutes. Got word two days later that I made it to the second round of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

It was an on campus interview, setup through career services. I applied both on their website and through my campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. It was very relaxed, we barely talked about anything even related to investment banking. It was practically all fit. Second round interview was similar, but with more of a focus on why Barclays, what is going on in the markets, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, walk me through your resume, why barclays. Nothing technical.   Answer Question