Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

3.2

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

2 Rounds. First contact by HR for screening. HR mentioned the saalry offered and the grade for the position. He mentioned I would be contacted by Hiring manager for a 2nd interview. HR manwger asked generic questions on background and some work scenerio questions. Questions were project and infrastructure associated. I was relocating from alternate city so was asked about time frame for movement and availability.

Interview Questions
    Took a long time for background verification

Compliance Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in August 2014.

Met with a recruiting company and an interview was scheduled. This was a six month project with the option to renew indefinitely. According to the recruiter, candidates have the opportunity to become employees of Barclays if you succeed. Barclays performs a background check which includes a credit report. I was told that if you have delinquencies on your credit report that the amount should not exceed $4000.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. The three interviewers just asked me to tell them about myself.   View Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I had 2 interviews - one with the London team on phone and one in person interview in New York. I got the results in 3-4 days and was requested to join as soon as possible.

Credit Risk Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Barclays.

Straight forward process. Asked about background and the typical interview questions. Didn't have enough experience in one of the areas they were looking for. So didn't get second round. An hour+ interview with two people.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

Applied online, was e-mailed for a phone interview. Phone interview was than cancelled. Than got another e-mail for Final Round Interview without doing anything. Weird experience.

Two 30-minute interviews at office in NYC. Both were half behavioral, with some technical and some questions asking about operations term.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Dodd Frank and it how affects our business.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays.

I was selected for an phone interview, after the online application. The phone interview came with two rounds, each one lasted for about 30 mins. The questions were pretty general, such as walk me through your resume, why Barclays

Interview Questions
    • Maybe it was a phone interview, there was not an expected question.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Barclays.

Several events leading up to the interview process, then two rounds of interviews before receiving offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

Submitted an application through the Barclays careers site, and was contacted for a first and final round interview at Barclays. The process took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • None, really. It was a fit/behavioral interview. There was one question that evaluated your ability to think through a problem that you would address as a compliance analyst. The example I was given centered around how I would go about detecting insider trading.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays.

I applied through campus, and also filled the online forms. After getting shortlisted I had two interviews on campus, one behavioral, other behavioral plus technical. After around 2 weeks I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions weren't easy and typical like insertion in middle of linked list, then something about merge sort   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

On campus interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!