Barclays

188 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details – Applied online, was e-mailed for a phone interview. Phone interview was than cancelled. Than got another e-mail for Final Round Interview without doing anything. Weird experience.

Two 30-minute interviews at office in NYC. Both were half behavioral, with some technical and some questions asking about operations term.

Interview Question – Tell me about Dodd Frank and it how affects our business.   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview on campus; the process took about 2 weeks.

1-hour interview with 2 interviewers. Since the interview is for finance division and I stated that I had some experiences on the risk side, I was asked questions about this topic. Those are the only technical questions I got, and others are very behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about different types of risks that a bank faces   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details – Several events leading up to the interview process, then two rounds of interviews before receiving offer.

Interview Question – Why investment banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Middle Markets Equity Sales Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Barclays in July 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager several times over the course of three months. Following the meetings, I then met with other people on the trading floor, then the head of sales and trading. After several rounds and detailed conversations regarding accounts, revenue contribution levels, and personality fits, the head of sales and trading told me in the last interview that the firm is not hiring at that time. Despite attempting to reach the first point of contact, the first hiring manager to gain more clarity on the situation, I never heard from him again.

Interview Question – What aspect of my former job I liked least and why   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

Interview Details – One phone interview, 9 face to face interviews, one writing, calculation, and programming test. Duration is about three weeks.

Interview Question – technical test questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Compliance Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details – Submitted an application through the Barclays careers site, and was contacted for a first and final round interview at Barclays. The process took 4 weeks.

Interview Question – None, really. It was a fit/behavioral interview. There was one question that evaluated your ability to think through a problem that you would address as a compliance analyst. The example I was given centered around how I would go about detecting insider trading.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very quick hiring process. Phone interview to Video Conference with New York to final interview on site took less than 3 weeks.

Negotiation Details – straight forward, no surprises.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviews went very well - several interviews spanned over a month

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. The focus was on whether or not you were aware of industry trends and if one could work within unstructured environment   View Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and Barclays website. Super day after several weeks and interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Question – Swapping the value of two variables with and without temporary variable.
How do yo determine your role in a group?
Just some general behavioral an easy brain teasers.
  Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details – I applied through campus, and also filled the online forms. After getting shortlisted I had two interviews on campus, one behavioral, other behavioral plus technical. After around 2 weeks I received the rejection email.

Interview Question – Technical questions weren't easy and typical like insertion in middle of linked list, then something about merge sort   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays interview questions and advice. All 188 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays employees and interview candidates.