Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays in March 2015.

Recruiter contacts for the interview; half an hour telephone with the VP directly, go over the resume and chat a little bit ; the team is small but the lady would like to know my passion and how can I fit the team.
    results in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • let me about yourself; how would you fit the position; tell me how to solve the problem with clientsf   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays in March 2015.

4 Interviews and 1 written test. The interviews are separate with different areas. And the written test is of 40 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. The interviewers are nice people but the questions are quite technical related with finance, math, probability. I couldn't answer all the question but they will give a direction on it. I didn't do well and I didn't get an offer from it.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays.

was for global markets rotational program. First round on campus, second round super day. First mostly fit questions (take in mind I'm from liberal arts background) - trying to figure out whether have key characteristic in whatevr you do - tenacity/dedication, confidence, passion...and just if you're fun enough to sit next to for 12hrs+ per day! Second still a lot of fit plus more on why Barclays and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions
    • what is a quote (book, movie, song whatever) that really captures your outlook/M.O? What's a hobby you do just for you? What's a big failure you've had? What's a markets news story you've been following?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions. I needed to be very familiar with my own resume. They were very interested in both my academic record and the extra-curriculars on my resume. They asked some probing questions about my background as well.

They then gave me questions to test my math skills, eg percentage increase/decrease questions. They were also looking for an in-depth analysis of different industries as well as current market trends.

Interview Questions
    • The price of oil has been declining for a few months. Analyze the industry and it's current trends.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

Pretty smooth, two 30 minutes interview including one asked to walk through your resume and one tested the technical skill, it was not very difficult and be careful about their trap questions, they really want to find the determined person with coding skill. In a word, be prepared to show your basic data structure and algorithm knowledge, be confident and you will have a good chance to get the offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

I applied via the Barclays website (Taleo) in mid January 2015 for a specific position that was an exact match for my skillset and experience. In early February, a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which ultimately occured in mid February. The manager called me at the appointed time and we discussed my backgound, reasons for seeking a new position, and how I would react to hypothetical situations she proposed. The interview went well and I received feedback I would be a great fit for the spot; HOWEVER, the hiring requisition was not really firmed up to the extent she could proceed with the process but would reach out to me when and if the req was firmed up. As late March, I have not heard anything further but I would discuss the position further should it rematerialize at a later date.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you remain at _____ for only 1 year?   View Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

I submitted my resume on career builder than the next day a recruiter called me explained in detail about the position and them told me to email my resume directly to him. I did so and he told me to go on their website to fill out the application for the position. I did what he asked and the next day he called and thanked me and said they wanted me to come in for an interview and asked when would I be available. I told him and he sent an confirmation email with the date, location parking validation. My interview was scheduled a week out so when I finally went in for the interview the manager I spoke to was great. He gave me a little background on the company and went through his list of their questions. The interview was about 45 min. He said someone should be contacting me soon and I thanked him and I left.

Interview Questions
    They emailed and offer and I felt that the offer was good so I accept

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

I had a 2:1 on campus interview for first round. A bit later, I was invited to a Superday in the NYC office. It was 3 1-on-1 interviews with different MDs. All behavioral.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays.

I attended the SWE national conference and during the career fair opening, i visited Barclays booth and submitted my resume. I was sent a text the next morning that i was scheduled for an interview that morning and i should apply online before coming for the interview. The interview has two sections

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were asked based on what was on your resume. Your skills (technical), work experience etc.   Answer Question

Ibd Sa Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays.

diversitno unexpected question. standard behavioral questions for first round interview. asked about why IBD compared to other finance careers, your background, why diversity program, why barclyasy program: 1st round interview and then Superday in NYC