Barclays Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
217 interviews

3.2

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I had 2 interviews - one with the London team on phone and one in person interview in New York. I got the results in 3-4 days and was requested to join as soon as possible.

Vice President Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Barclays in July 2010.

Behavioral Interview process, standard questions around prior experiences, successes and failures. also examined my style of management, working with difficult people etc. All in all, the interview process was very straightforward for investment banking

Credit Risk Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Barclays.

Straight forward process. Asked about background and the typical interview questions. Didn't have enough experience in one of the areas they were looking for. So didn't get second round. An hour+ interview with two people.

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in September 2013.

communication and responses were quick and cordial. Interview lasted 2 hours with 4 different people. The interview itself was very conversational and friendly. The interviewers seemed like they really wanted to get to know me and cared about my answers. I did not feel nervous walking them through my resume or explaining how I would be a good fit for the position

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays.

Applied online, was e-mailed for a phone interview. Phone interview was than cancelled. Than got another e-mail for Final Round Interview without doing anything. Weird experience.

Two 30-minute interviews at office in NYC. Both were half behavioral, with some technical and some questions asking about operations term.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Dodd Frank and it how affects our business.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Barclays.

I was selected for an phone interview, after the online application. The phone interview came with two rounds, each one lasted for about 30 mins. The questions were pretty general, such as walk me through your resume, why Barclays

Interview Questions
    • Maybe it was a phone interview, there was not an expected question.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in October 2013.

Interview on campus; the process took about 2 weeks.

1-hour interview with 2 interviewers. Since the interview is for finance division and I stated that I had some experiences on the risk side, I was asked questions about this topic. Those are the only technical questions I got, and others are very behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about different types of risks that a bank faces   Answer Question

Investment Banking Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Barclays.

Several events leading up to the interview process, then two rounds of interviews before receiving offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Middle Markets Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Barclays in July 2010.

I met with the hiring manager several times over the course of three months. Following the meetings, I then met with other people on the trading floor, then the head of sales and trading. After several rounds and detailed conversations regarding accounts, revenue contribution levels, and personality fits, the head of sales and trading told me in the last interview that the firm is not hiring at that time. Despite attempting to reach the first point of contact, the first hiring manager to gain more clarity on the situation, I never heard from him again.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

One phone interview, 9 face to face interviews, one writing, calculation, and programming test. Duration is about three weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!