Barclays

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The first round is a phone call interview and the recruiters will vet you for financial technical competency and also company fit. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be clear and concise and also avoid being too wordy in your responses. Don't rush through calculations, take your time and walk them through it. Be sure to have an idea of questions to ask them once the call ends

Interview Questions
    • Standard Technical questions were asked and also a lot of industry specific questions and valuation methodologies. Know the DCF inside and out and learn the relevant valuation multiples for whatever industry group you get into   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays.

The superday consists of three interviews. They were mostly fit so be prepared to talk about yourself, and tell your story. A couple of technical questions, such as the effect of issuing bonds on the three financial statements, the effect of depreciation expense on the three statements, etc. Also be very prepared to talk about what is going on in the global economy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that is not on your resume   View Answer

Offer from another firm.

Investment Banking Bootcamp Interview

I know about it through career services of my school. Interview was pretty casual, just asking about my background and major and general questions like that. Then I had the opportunity to ask questions. Interview was about 25 minutes.

Technology Analyst Interview

Applied on campus Got the interview call after one week. Two half an hour interviews taken by two different people. Both were a mix of technical, behaviour and resume based questions. Interviewers were good and co-operative. Got the offer one week after.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays in November 2014.

long way to long process.... i was interviewing for a Business analyst position and i was told they are pretty quick at replying back and that sound great ...

So First and only in person round of interview , i went in and i was told i was being interviews for a new team leas by some Manager named as Sonya ....

Some good questions were asked i.e. explain how you will benefit the company and what are the best skills that you can bring to the table ? and etc...

So once done with the interview i had a great vibe, because i was told we are looking forward to see you working with us and i was even asked if you were asked for an offer when can you start ??

Its been a week and there is no answer not even yes or no .. just no feedback at all from the hiring manager ... how can such a big company can't reply you back with a feedback ??

Worst company ever seriously....

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

2 Rounds. First contact by HR for screening. HR mentioned the saalry offered and the grade for the position. He mentioned I would be contacted by Hiring manager for a 2nd interview. HR manwger asked generic questions on background and some work scenerio questions. Questions were project and infrastructure associated. I was relocating from alternate city so was asked about time frame for movement and availability.

Interview Questions
    Took a long time for background verification

Compliance Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in August 2014.

Met with a recruiting company and an interview was scheduled. This was a six month project with the option to renew indefinitely. According to the recruiter, candidates have the opportunity to become employees of Barclays if you succeed. Barclays performs a background check which includes a credit report. I was told that if you have delinquencies on your credit report that the amount should not exceed $4000.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. The three interviewers just asked me to tell them about myself.   View Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I had 2 interviews - one with the London team on phone and one in person interview in New York. I got the results in 3-4 days and was requested to join as soon as possible.

Credit Risk Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Barclays.

Straight forward process. Asked about background and the typical interview questions. Didn't have enough experience in one of the areas they were looking for. So didn't get second round. An hour+ interview with two people.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Applied online, was e-mailed for a phone interview. Phone interview was than cancelled. Than got another e-mail for Final Round Interview without doing anything. Weird experience.

Two 30-minute interviews at office in NYC. Both were half behavioral, with some technical and some questions asking about operations term.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Dodd Frank and it how affects our business.   View Answer