Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.1

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions. I needed to be very familiar with my own resume. They were very interested in both my academic record and the extra-curriculars on my resume. They asked some probing questions about my background as well. They then gave me questions to test my math skills, eg percentage increase/decrease questions. They were also looking for an in-depth analysis of different industries as well as current market trends.

Interview Questions

• The price of oil has been declining for a few months. Analyze the industry and it's current trends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty smooth, two 30 minutes interview including one asked to walk through your resume and one tested the technical skill, it was not very difficult and be careful about their trap questions, they really want to find the determined person with coding skill. In a word, be prepared to show your basic data structure and algorithm knowledge, be confident and you will have a good chance to get the offer.

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I had a 2:1 on campus interview for first round. A bit later, I was invited to a Superday in the NYC office. It was 3 1-on-1 interviews with different MDs. All behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I attended the SWE national conference and during the career fair opening, i visited Barclays booth and submitted my resume. I was sent a text the next morning that i was scheduled for an interview that morning and i should apply online before coming for the interview. The interview has two sections

Interview Questions

• Most questions were asked based on what was on your resume. Your skills (technical), work experience etc.   Answer Question

Ibd Sa Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

diversitno unexpected question. standard behavioral questions for first round interview. asked about why IBD compared to other finance careers, your background, why diversity program, why barclyasy program: 1st round interview and then Superday in NYC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was an on campus interview, setup through career services. I applied both on their website and through my campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. It was very relaxed, we barely talked about anything even related to investment banking. It was practically all fit. Second round interview was similar, but with more of a focus on why Barclays, what is going on in the markets, etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, walk me through your resume, why barclays. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email for a phone interview which was scheduled, lasted 30 minutes. Got word two days later that I made it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

Interview

Two Round. The first one is more about behavior, the second is more technical. Did two IQ test and two programming problem. They are simple. The interviewer asked lots of questions about my projects on resume so make sure to prepare for it. Other normal question, like why our company, what can you do in our company etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

The first round is a phone call interview and the recruiters will vet you for financial technical competency and also company fit. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be clear and concise and also avoid being too wordy in your responses. Don't rush through calculations, take your time and walk them through it. Be sure to have an idea of questions to ask them once the call ends

Interview Questions

• Standard Technical questions were asked and also a lot of industry specific questions and valuation methodologies. Know the DCF inside and out and learn the relevant valuation multiples for whatever industry group you get into   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The superday consists of three interviews. They were mostly fit so be prepared to talk about yourself, and tell your story. A couple of technical questions, such as the effect of issuing bonds on the three financial statements, the effect of depreciation expense on the three statements, etc. Also be very prepared to talk about what is going on in the global economy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that is not on your resume   1 Answer

Offer from another firm.