Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Investment
- Summer Analyst (35)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (27)
- Operations Analyst (24)
- Analyst (24)
- Technology Analyst (20)
- Summer Technology Analyst (17)
- Assistant Vice President (13)
- Software Developer (13)
- Intern (11)
- Finance Analyst (10)
- Investment Banking Analyst (8)
- Quantitative Analyst (8)
- Credit Risk Analyst (8)
- Vice President (8)
- Sales and Trading Summer Analyst (7)
- Quantitative Associate (6)
- Trader (6)
- Human Resources Analyst (5)
- Technology Summer Analyst (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Summer Intern (4)
- IT Analyst (4)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Trading Analyst (4)
- IBD Summer Analyst (4)
- Developer (3)
- Risk Analyst (3)
- Assistant Vice President - IT (3)
- Investment Banking Division Analyst (3)
- Compliance Summer Analyst (3)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Barclays Investment (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.
Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.
- Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Barclays Investment (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2013.
Applied online. The recruitment team got back to me in a day and asked me to take the numerical + inductive reasoning tests. After passing the test, heard back in 1 working day and was invited to a telephone interview. The telephone interview was strengths based, lasted half and hour, and the lady interviewing me was probably the nicest person to have ever interviewed me.
Heard back next day and was invited to an assessment centre at Glasgow. Had breakfast with the assessors and this gave us a chance to speak to them and find out about life at Barclays. Had a one on one strengths based interview to start the day.
This was followed by a group project which was extremely difficult (my group failed the task but got great feedback because we showed exceptional team work). This was followed by a one-on-one technical interview, which was mostly about Data Structures, Software Development and DBMS. I was also quizzed about my motivation to join a technology role.
At the end of the assessment centre, was asked to retake the numerical test.
Was offered the job half an hour after the completion of the assessment centre.
Was very impressed by the people who I met on the day and this speaks volumes about the firm. They were all very polite and the interviewers made us feel very comfortable.
- From a list of Data Structures, which one would be the best for a specific task and why? Can you give an example to prove it? 1 Answer
No negotiations, but the salary offered was very generous and almost 20% more than anywhere else in the industry. Also, I was offered a big sign-on bonus.