Barclays Investment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was through cognizant and went for the first round. Two groups of people interviewed me one after the other. Most of the questions were situation based. They asked me about Agile process, trade life cycle process.

Interview Questions

• How do you tackle a situation where the release is going to be in 2 days, at that point the business users comes up with a requirement that is mandatory and has to be included in that sprint only, and the technology people say we can't add that now?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment in April 2015.

Interview

On campus interview took 2 weeks for a response. No acknowledgement of emails aka thank letters which I look down upon. I have had better experiences with other recruiters regarding emails. When the person responded he tried to make out that he was busy. It started off with him talking about his background nothing about the job was mentioned. Poor interview. I have had a lot better interviews with other companies that actually conduct a interview relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• So walk me through you're resume... How did you contribute to your risk role in your student investment fund... What would you do if you had multiple tasks to do... What did you do for that project... What do you know about Barclays...   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

Got a call for on campus interview. Two rounds each of 30 minutes.Heard back from them within a week. The process took about 7 days. It was mostly behavioral and a few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a two-round interview on campus. Interview has both technic questions and behavior questions. Interviews are not too much hard. DO prepare the basic questions of computer science like SQL query and basic data structures.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

First round was two phone interviews w/ analysts and associates. Second round was an "informational interview" with VPs. Final round was four back-to-back skype interviews with the team in the regional office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked multiple brain teasers, asked why I was interested in finance even though I haven't had any prior experience nor relevant classes.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews in three rounds. The rounds each had multiple people in it and you went from office to office. Interviews were held in multiple offices and were completed over the span of a few hours. It was quick, but relaxed, process with great emphasis on resume review.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about major financial legal issues. Those issues included recent financial reforms in the US and their impact on the bank.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 month. Connected with someone in S&T in Nov 2014 and was invited to their on-site event (which sort of was a first round interview). Got 2nd interview invitation in Feb 2015. Superday consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews, all my interviewers tended to focus on behavioral questions. They were all super nice and the process was more like a casual chat.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a month later. Overall, interesting experience. Barclays is a wonderful company and the interviewers were very kind. Make sure you know a good amount about recent Barclays compliance issues (because there will always be a few) and understand how compliance fits into your career plans overall.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three round, 2 phone and 1 superday. The interviewers were super friendly and I loved the energy of the firm. Things happened really fast, I applied online and got a phone interview in the next week, then after the phone interview I had the superday which was about 1.5 hours and lots of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an entry level there is no point in trying at a big bracket.