Barclays Investment Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in one time to speak with the entire team. Easy conversations where they wanted to get to know you to make sure you were the correct fit.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a two-round interview on campus. Interview has both technic questions and behavior questions. Interviews are not too much hard. DO prepare the basic questions of computer science like SQL query and basic data structures.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 month. Connected with someone in S&T in Nov 2014 and was invited to their on-site event (which sort of was a first round interview). Got 2nd interview invitation in Feb 2015. Superday consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews, all my interviewers tended to focus on behavioral questions. They were all super nice and the process was more like a casual chat.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews in three rounds. The rounds each had multiple people in it and you went from office to office. Interviews were held in multiple offices and were completed over the span of a few hours. It was quick, but relaxed, process with great emphasis on resume review.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about major financial legal issues. Those issues included recent financial reforms in the US and their impact on the bank.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three round, 2 phone and 1 superday. The interviewers were super friendly and I loved the energy of the firm. Things happened really fast, I applied online and got a phone interview in the next week, then after the phone interview I had the superday which was about 1.5 hours and lots of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an entry level there is no point in trying at a big bracket.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment in January 2015.

Interview

Barclays had a well run interview process consisting of on-campus recruitment efforts and off-campus events. Friendly, intelligent, and thoughtful people contributed to an overarching perception of professionalism. Responsive to queries throughout the process from informational interviews to superdays through to final contract negotiations. Opportunities to have touchpoints throughout were highly welcomed by me and my classmates.

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY).

Interview

Too many people interviewing (US and UK) and process is too long before an offer. The turnover rate in HR is very high; trading floor setup; promotion process is inconsistent; and UK tells US what to do so no real ownership with project start to finish

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (Newark, DE).

Interview

The hiring process took a long time. Interviews were not bad at all. I was able to bypass most of the process through keeping in constant contact with my hiring manager who then basically considered this correspondence as an interview, life is an interview after all =). Make sure to stay current on financial news, know the company's strengths/weaknesses, be able to sell yourself, research and learn as much about your position as possible.

Negotiation

One could probably negotiate as competitors in the area pay slightly more. However, take into consideration that you will likely get 10+ hours of overtime every week which adds an extra 10-20k to the base salary.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

A super day, 3 interviews. Met with a managing director, a vice president and an associate. All from the product side. Heard back after a week or so. Great experience over all. The interviewers were laid back and it seemed like a collegial and supportive environment to work at.