Barclays Investment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY).

Interview

includes 2-3 phone interviews with senior members of the team. Questions range from algorithms to core java/OO & databases depending on the need of the position. Once phone interviews are cleared, you will be invited for an onsite interview which includes 4-5 interviews with team members and director + HR. If all goes well, offer will be extended

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewer was cold, unfriendly and seemed to be going through the motions. It was a phone interview, and she didn't interrupt or ask me questions along the way - just wanted to get the answers.

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial stage is online application and SHL tests - very easy as long as you have done the practise. Sometimes you would get a logical test too, but from what I heard not everyone gets these. Then its a typical competency-based telephone interview - Why you? Why Barcap? Why IB? Describe a situation you worked in a team?

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview Assessment Day

Interview Questions

• What principles negotiates you?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

I first had to do some standard numerical and verbal reasoning tests online and then got an email 3 weeks later saying I had a first stage telephone interview. Initially they couldn't connect to my phone so we had to reschedule it a week later. I thought the interview went well but didn't get through to the next round so obviously something didn't go quite right!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to do something that goes against your morals?   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

easy interview, 3 rounds during AC. be sure to watch out for the team building exercise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope

Interview

First round, group discussion. I had two types of case studies. After the discussion, the representative was elected and required to give a presentation about the result of the presentation to the employees. If you will not be the representative , there are many chances to speak . The key point is Q and A after the discussion

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

I applied for summer technical analyst in Barclay. This interview was on campus. And there were two parts. First part was technical part and the second part was behavioral part. I did quite well in the behavioral questions. But for the technical part, thought the interviewer asked for basic Java questions, I did not do well. Tips: just go over all the basic concepts in Java. The interviewer were so nice.

Interview Questions

• How to measure the height of empire state building with only quarter coin available?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Basic resume walk through

Software Developer Interview

Interview

This is about Prague (Czech Republic) development office of BarCap. Once you get passed the 3rd party recruiter company, where the initial process might be very different, BarCap inverview and hiring process is quite established - everything is happening fast enough, always as agreed with the applicant and on purpose.

Interview Questions

• BarCap is usually requiring prooven experience in certain technologies, like SQL/T-SQL, multithreading, etc. and they are seriously asking about it on interviews and are canceling applicants with not enough knowledge, experience in these technologies.   Answer Question