Barclays Investment Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.1

Barclays Global Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via online portal, cleared online screening, cleared online (numerical and logical) exams and competency questions, waited for approximately two to three weeks for a telephone interview time slot, telephone interview was approximately 4 weeks after initial online submission.

Interview Questions

• If you found out that your organisation was participating in unethical practices, what would you do and if asked about it what would you say or react.   Answer Question
    • Why have you applied to barclays, what has it added to society?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (Pune (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds of telephonic interviews and one round of face to face interview. Easy to answer the questions. Person who were nice and good to talk to. They were interested in what I have done. They were looking to satisfy minimal requirement from the role as well.
    Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• how is option pricing done
      Smart pointers impl in c++
      Casting
      couple of data structure and complexity related questions

Answer Question

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Barclays Investment (Newark, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received a call by a recruiter who set up an interview. I then met with senior manager, discussed my background and asked a series of behavioral questions.

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first is medium-complexity on-line tests for C# and OOP. The second is interview with several team leaders simultaneously. The interview was easy technically, but more important is first impression of verbal skills. It looks really crucial compared to other stuff.

Interview Questions

• Topics:
      - Dictionary
      - IEnumerable vs IQueryable
      - GC (generations, big objects etc.)
      - ISet
      - yield

Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment in April 2015.

Interview

On campus interview took 2 weeks for a response. No acknowledgement of emails aka thank letters which I look down upon. I have had better experiences with other recruiters regarding emails. When the person responded he tried to make out that he was busy. It started off with him talking about his background nothing about the job was mentioned. Poor interview. I have had a lot better interviews with other companies that actually conduct a interview relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• So walk me through you're resume... How did you contribute to your risk role in your student investment fund... What would you do if you had multiple tasks to do... What did you do for that project... What do you know about Barclays...   Answer Question

Investment Banking Division Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview that was casual and more about fit. Got asked 2 short technical questions that were relatively simple. Interviewers are senior people who are more interested in knowing more about your interests in the position than grilling on technicals.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 month. Connected with someone in S&T in Nov 2014 and was invited to their on-site event (which sort of was a first round interview). Got 2nd interview invitation in Feb 2015. Superday consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews, all my interviewers tended to focus on behavioral questions. They were all super nice and the process was more like a casual chat.

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online.Received an invitation to a telephone interveiw after twoooooooo months! A thirty minutes telephone interview.Quite basic questions:1)Time you found suspicious behaviour from your colleague;2)Recent news that interested you;3)Time you solved a complex problem;4)How do you build and maintain relationship.5)Forgotten....

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First Round- mostly behavioral needed to understand the markets well and be able to talk about every point on my resume. Interviewer came on campus and really just wants to see your enthusiasm for the position and that you did your research

Interview Questions

• What do you read to follow the markets? Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three round, 2 phone and 1 superday. The interviewers were super friendly and I loved the energy of the firm. Things happened really fast, I applied online and got a phone interview in the next week, then after the phone interview I had the superday which was about 1.5 hours and lots of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an entry level there is no point in trying at a big bracket.