Barclays Investment Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.3

Spring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 telephone interviews, 1:1, competencies based, relatively easy compared to others. Questions were pre-listed. Got the internship and enjoyed it. Be prepared to talk about examples. Be yourself The internship was well-planned. The spring class was massive (50)

Global Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online.Received an invitation to a telephone interveiw after twoooooooo months! A thirty minutes telephone interview.Quite basic questions:1)Time you found suspicious behaviour from your colleague;2)Recent news that interested you;3)Time you solved a complex problem;4)How do you build and maintain relationship.5)Forgotten....

Barclays Global Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via online portal, cleared online screening, cleared online (numerical and logical) exams and competency questions, waited for approximately two to three weeks for a telephone interview time slot, telephone interview was approximately 4 weeks after initial online submission.

Interview Questions

• If you found out that your organisation was participating in unethical practices, what would you do and if asked about it what would you say or react.   Answer Question
    • Why have you applied to barclays, what has it added to society?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very basic HR questions for first round interview. Consisted of 10 "fit" questions and no technicals were asked. Best to prep using the STAR process (Situation, Task, Action, Result) so it is easier to lay out your thought process to the interviewer. Very casual. Also make sure you are in an area with good reception.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, then invited to the phone interview. There were only competency based questions. They are highly focused on their company value and ethics. Interview conducted by HR (or even outsourced). They won't explain the questions but will only repeat the questions for you. Last for 30 minutes and I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand our company value?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations. E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Online form first then online test. Telephone interview was strength-based so not too hard. Assessment centre was held in Marriot hotel starting with a group exercise and three interviews. Three interviews are all conducted by VPs, can be quite technical but mostly about personality and understanding of the business.

Client Valuations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage process - 1 with hiring manager and 1 with dept head. Competency based interview and they asks questions to see if you fit within the team, e.g. what is your weakness? tell me a process improvement that you have made?

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency focused and what i did in my previous roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate a higher rate - the manager took off 10% once i signed the contract.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted an application and got a response the same week. The following week got a telephone interview, which had the feel of a normal leadership, teamwork, etc. questions. However, recruiters are not allowed to paraphrase the question so you have to interpret it, as best as you can and give specific example. The following after the interview, I was invite to an AC with the same questions only a little bit more in-depth. In addition, there was a game where we had to make a 3x3 cube out of smaller cubes, ensuring that each side has the same colour. In addition, adjacent colours cannot be the same. After the AC got a call from the recruiter telling me I was successful. Very friendly and nice company culture, which tries to get the best of you. MAKE SURE YOU MENTION the values RISES ...

Interview Questions

• How did you feel when a friend of yours acted unethically?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.