Barclays Investment Project Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter set up the interview, interviewer was late but I had the opportunity to observe the working conditions etc... it was clear that there was very few people over 35 at their office. The interview was ver cordial but the recruriter the next day called and after telling me that I didn't get the position asked my age. I told him and then I told him my observations which he agreed was most likely the real reason. Bottom line to me is if you are older than 30-35 don't take the trip to Jersey City.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays Investment

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called and asked me to submit CV. Recruiter and I reworked the CV to ensure it more closely highlighted my relevant skill set and experience. Onsite interview closely followed. The interview was with two individuals; one would have been a peer, the other a matrix manager. They asked many questions about my experiences in Banking, project management, requirement identification and managing customer complaints.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when the customer's qualifications were unclear and you had to start the process over   1 Answer

Required travel and length of assignment

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Investment (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2008.

Interview

I had applied for a Manager. It started with an initial phone interview. I was assessed about my domain knowledge and a bit of technical expertise. I was then sent a Brainbench skills test, which was at a difficult level. Then followed another Group/Panel Interview which was again technical. After this I had a 1:1 with a Director, who assessed my domain knowledge, my investment banking knowledge, team spirit etc. The overall process was very slow. It took them atleast 3 weeks after the last interview to send me the offer letter..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate at all. Though many of my friends have been able to negotiate to some extent if they came through external consultants.