Barclays Investment Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, then invited to the phone interview. There were only competency based questions. They are highly focused on their company value and ethics. Interview conducted by HR (or even outsourced). They won't explain the questions but will only repeat the questions for you. Last for 30 minutes and I was asked around 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you understand our company value?   1 Answer

Operation Summer Interview

Interview

Online application and assessment with shl and verbal test. Phone interview pretty standard. One-day assessment centre with group exercise, case study and one face-to-face interview which was competency based. Also there were paper tests similar to the on-line ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three major events going on in the world at the moment and how it could affect Barclays   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stage is done via Online application and Online tests. If you passed it, you will be invited to a 30 mints telephone interview. It took me about a month till I was invited for an interview since I completed the online tests. The last stage is the Accessmen Center including numerical test and 1:1 interview. The very next day I got an offer but a few other people who were at the same accessment center got offers after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your ethics and what you would feel in certain situations. E.g. How would you feel if your friend behave unethically?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays Investment in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online in November, that was followed by online tests and then a strengths-based telephone interview in December. The strengths-based telephone interview was conducted by an HR person and contained 12 (as far as I remember) questions such as "Would you say that your friends consider you to be highly motivated and driven? Why" or "Would you like to work in a team of people with diverse background / skills? Why?" (something along those lines, you need to tap into the value of diversity in solving problems etc). When the interview ended, they told me upfront that they were not sure when I would hear back since they had a very large number of applications. I heard back in January and I was offered to come to an assessment centre for an off-cycle spring internship with them. Since I applied for the summer internship only and I am still at uni, I could not do an off-cycle placement so I said I was not available for that. I asked whether their invitation meant that I had progressed to an assessment centre for the summer internship, and the HR told me that these two applications were considered separate (strange, given that I had never even applied for an off-cycle placement) and the fact that I got an AC for the off-cycle did not mean I would progress with my summer internship application. I still waited then. In March (5 months after I applied) HR got in touch regarding the summer internship. I was shocked since I thought no banks were recruiting anymore at that stage, but I was asked whether I would still be interested in progressing my application. I said I would be and asked for details of the AC. I had to wait for an email response for a good few days and I learnt that they did not do ACs anymore at that stage and I would only have a face to face interview. They asked me to select days during two specific weeks when I would be available. I did that, selecting most of the days, and then they replied and offered me a completely different day that was outside their initially proposed two-week range. I agreed to that and I was supposed to interview mid April. Having an Easter break at uni, I did not arrange to go away or have any break as I was planning to study for the interview. 6 days before the supposedly happening interview I received an email from Barclays saying that their requirements had changed and my interview was cancelled. The email seemed to be automated and sent to a number of people, so I guess they severely misjudged the numbers they would still need to interview in April. The whole process lasted almost 6 months and what came out of it is wasted time and Easter break. I have never seen such shambolic organisation in a supposedly competent institution. Thanks so much Barclays, I will not apply again.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

Applied mid September. Phone interview first after 2 weeks of the application straight up competency questions. After a week got invited to the assessment centre. First a group activity after that a series of interviews which had elements of competency but mostly focused on brainteasers, which were standard questions like 2 bullets loaded into a revolver, is it better to shoot one more time or re roll the bullets.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Lots of short competency questions Short, about 20 minutes Interviewer has a set of questions, no way to interact with them outside these questions Be ready for a lot of questions about your team abilities, leadership experience, and to explain your academic choices. Interviewer was not from the desk, but HR

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

Did the usual tests and had the telephone interview. Was asked in the phone interview to mention 3 current affair topics. Was progressed to the assessment day. We had a buffet lunch and everyone was very friendly. I performed well in the individual assignment but not as well in the group assignment which was a puzzle I found quite difficult. Was chosen at random at the end of the assessment day to complete a numerical test.

Interview Questions

• The group project was quite difficult but our team had a brainy engineer who helped us solve the puzzle within minutes.   Answer Question

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First round

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Online form first then online test. Telephone interview was strength-based so not too hard. Assessment centre was held in Marriot hotel starting with a group exercise and three interviews. Three interviews are all conducted by VPs, can be quite technical but mostly about personality and understanding of the business.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barclays Investment.

Interview

Applied online, Done tests: 1-logical reasoning 2-Numerical 3-verbal .... After this Phone Interview then face to face. Telephone interview was a little but dull. The interviewer was very blunt and it lasted around 30mins. other than that the question were normal and make sure you research the organisation culture etc

Interview Questions

• Normal Question: Why Barclays, Why Finance, Why this division, Strengths/weaknesses, Example of when you led a team   Answer Question