Barclays

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.4

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

phone interview. Strength based 12 questions. Nothing too hard, to be honest.
    assessment day. 2 interviews and trading game. Be prepared for the trading, find a previous analyst or something who has done it, and find out what the optimal strategy is, and stick to it, do not be confused, and it should be easy from then on.
    Interviews were standard, but also with the people you will be working with, try and give off your hard working personality and things like that.

Interview Questions
    • when have you worked with large data sets?   View Answer

Sales Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Online application. Online test. Phone interview. Accessment Center.

It took them about 2,3 weeks from online app to phone interview. And I just had my phone interview and the HR told me they don't have a fixed time to get back to me after that because they still have some candidates to interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you follow the market news and lots of competency based questions.

But they will change up their way of asking and its up to you to interprets. The HR will only repeat the questions exactly as it is, and won't paraphrase. To be honest, it's possibly my worst phone interview.

They also asked about ethics.

Answer Question

Treasury Trading SummerProgrammer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in November 2014.

Round1: Online test consisting of 40 questions of multi-choice answer. Total duration to complete the test is one hour. Try to answer 2 choices out of 4 or 5 choices.

Round2: Technical Round of 30 minutes. All the questions will be related to your skill sets. Try to give straight-forward answers. (Not too difficult).

Round3: Managerial Round (Stakeholder Round) of 30-45 minutes. General questioning related to your job profile, your roles and responsibilities, your hobbies, Strength and weaknesses have been asked. Main focus and aim of this round is to check your communication skills, your confidence level and way you respond the answers.

Round4: Technical Round of 30 minutes again. Some more questions related to the Skills set/Projects you shown in your resume are asked.

Round5: Process Manager’s/Stakeholder Round. More focus is on the way you implement the projects. The challenges you faced for your current projects. Yours current role and responsibilities in the organization etc. (Be very confident answering the questions because this is very critical round).

Round6: HR Round. Just the normal round means the salary expectations, notice period etc things are discussed here. Be prepared for this round too.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you chosen to apply to this particular role and why at Barclays?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays.

As the market was strong, just 1 interview was required. Quite a number of key questions, but focused on previous technical work. Interview was straightforward with 2 on the panel. Did not need to have a 2nd interview as the role was for contract work.

Interview Questions
    They provide an above market offer, so accepted.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in August 2014.

Telephone interviews followed by face to face interviews. Everyone was super friendly and professional and willing to share information about the pros/cons of working for Barclays. Definitely left with a good impression of the team and company.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you tried to make significant changes in practices in your current company?   Answer Question

Vice President In Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays.

It is a long process with lots of interviews and tests but worth it. There were phone interviews then a 3 hour long behavioural interview followed by skill and technical interviews. I then had to meet senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • None. All fair and expected questions. Typical ones: what are your weaknesses? Why Barclays? What can you add to the organisation?   View Answer
    Fair.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

very rigorous, they will look at both academic qualities and personal qualities. you must fir the team. you must do your research beforehand. no waffle, be straight in your answer and be sure to have examples from previous experience.

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

- psychometric test: standard numerical and verbal reasoning
    - competency based interview.
    - chronological interview (your motivations)

Pretty fair interview process. Few thing to watch out for:
    1. People at this company can really be in love with Barclays, which says a lot about the company. Make sure that everything you do or say CANNOT be interpreted as you are trying to undermine the company in any way.
    2. Part of the feed-back I got was that I was "too calm" in the interview, this coupled with my not so well structured answers gave the feeling that Barclays was not nervous in the interview therefore did not want the job badly enough.

They give pretty good feedback even if you do not get the job, definitely worth applying.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you stop on the corporate ladder?   View Answer

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

The total process took 2 months and included several steps
    - CV screening

- Online tests: Situational Judgement Questionnaire, Numerical and Verbal tests :These tests are not too hard if you train your pace beforehand.

- 2 interviews (telephone and skype): During the interview, questions were asked about motivation, compentencies and personality. I had to give examples of situations in which I had shown certain skills.

- Assessment Center

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Submit my c.v online and lucky enough was invited to interview the about 2 weeks after. Interview is competency based you get the four or five questions area before hand so think of possible questions based on them and you be. Have a lot of examples helps show you know what you talking about have done it before. Only decide to write this because I found reviews and tips on here helpful so why not help future applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Questions not really difficult . Just prepare practice practice practice and you have a high chance to succeed. Biggest tip is , go to nearest branch and ask 4 help how prepare etc I decided do the same and I think it gave me a better chance of standing out. So go the xtra mile if u want it that bad I guess   Answer Question