Barclays

Relevance Date Difficulty

FLDP Interview

FLDP
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Interview Details – The total process took 2 months and included several steps
- CV screening

- Online tests: Situational Judgement Questionnaire, Numerical and Verbal tests :These tests are not too hard if you train your pace beforehand.

- 2 interviews (telephone and skype): During the interview, questions were asked about motivation, compentencies and personality. I had to give examples of situations in which I had shown certain skills.

- Assessment Center

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT) Interview

Summer, Internal Audit (I Failed IT)
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays in June 2014.

Interview Details – - psychometric test: standard numerical and verbal reasoning
- competency based interview.
- chronological interview (your motivations)

Pretty fair interview process. Few thing to watch out for:
1. People at this company can really be in love with Barclays, which says a lot about the company. Make sure that everything you do or say CANNOT be interpreted as you are trying to undermine the company in any way.
2. Part of the feed-back I got was that I was "too calm" in the interview, this coupled with my not so well structured answers gave the feeling that Barclays was not nervous in the interview therefore did not want the job badly enough.

They give pretty good feedback even if you do not get the job, definitely worth applying.

Interview Question – Where would you stop on the corporate ladder?   View Answer

Vice President In Technology Interview

Vice President In Technology
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays.

Interview Details – It is a long process with lots of interviews and tests but worth it. There were phone interviews then a 3 hour long behavioural interview followed by skill and technical interviews. I then had to meet senior stakeholders.

Interview Question – None. All fair and expected questions. Typical ones: what are your weaknesses? Why Barclays? What can you add to the organisation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

Interviewed at Barclays

Interview Details – very rigorous, they will look at both academic qualities and personal qualities. you must fir the team. you must do your research beforehand. no waffle, be straight in your answer and be sure to have examples from previous experience.

Interview Question – Various.   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Commercial Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays in October 2010.

Interview Details – Relatively straight forward behavioural and competency based interviews with two different managers, one being the hiring manager and the other from a different area, I assume to add extra perspective, very limited HR involvement. Not especially friendly, but not overly aggressive.

Interview Question – All quite standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good but had impression there was little scope to negotiate

Corporate Banking Interview

Corporate Banking
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview for the corporate banking (Risk) graduate scheme. Fairly standard questions including ....why Barclays? Why Barclays Corporate? Why Risk? What is the difference between Barclays Corporate and other parts of the company.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you came across a problem working within a team, and what did you do to overcome this problem.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

Interview Details – online application, 60min assessment on verbal and numerical reasoning (not very complex, simple spreadsheet work mixed with translating graphs into factual statements - all multiple choice), then 1.5hr interview at next stage

Interview Question – nothing unexpected - only advice I'd give is to prepare lots of examples for each of the competencies (they tell you beforehand which ones you'll be asked about)   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

Trading Intern
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Barclays in November 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview competency based, scripted and very standard, try to be engaging though. assessment centre was competencies but the traders asking them wanted to get onto more technical side/brainteasers. I am a maths student so one of them asked me about the heat equation and proving compactness of the interval [a,b].

Interview Question – tell me a time you had to make a decision based on ethical issues   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Human Resources Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in December 2013.

Interview Details – Test Online + Phone Interview + Assessment Centre (individual interview, group exercise, role play).

Phone interview competency based and straight forward
Assessment Centre:
1) Competency based interview
2) Group exercise: solve a logical game in group, you cannot prepare in advance, just do it naturally
3) Role play about HR interacting with front office

Interview Question – The group exercise was pretty hard as critical thinking based, you have to react quicly   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Client Services
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through their portal, told application received.
2 weeks later email from HR inviting me to their head office for testing.
Testing lasted 45 minutes at 8am, very easy if you are british, not easy if foreign. (Numerical test is how do you write figures into numbers e.g. one thousand six hundred and twenty four dollars and ninety cents - $1,624.99. Reasoning test is reading a paragraph and saying what is true, false or unanswerable. English test is spelling e.g. what is the same as 'wave of water' currant or current. 4th test is speed/accuracy - you are given two sheets of paper with the same 40 lines, in some lines there are mistakes on sheet B which are not on sheet A, you need to circle these). Like I said, very easy testing.
When you pass this, you are invited to a 5 minute call with someone from the language you speak i.e. French, a French lady from France will call you for a quick chat just to test your French.
When you pass this, you are invited to a competency based interview with the future manager.
This is very easy, just remind yourself of their competencies, values and use the STAR formation to answer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you made a decision you regret.
Tell me a time you made an ambitious goal.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low and hours were too early.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays interview questions and advice in London, England. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays employees and interview candidates.