Barclays Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Barclays in April 2011.

This is the worst interview process I have had in my life. I had more than 14 interviews during 9 months, in a process that they call CIDS. At the end, they made an offer with much worse conditions than those initially described in the job description. The conditions of the job were changed several times during the process, they asked for every detail of my life, since when I was a kid to any single personal dissapointment in my life. You can't imagine how deep they went emotionally, and I was expecting that at least the salary was going to be worth the effort.

I was interviewing for a Manager role at the corresponding salary, and at the end they offered a Director role at a salary level below Manager, which clearly wasn't a fair deal, was it? This means that they wanted me to do a Director job but at an Analyst salary, and this wasnt what they described at the beginning. To justify their change in conditions they put a headhunter in the middle and said that it was the headhunter's mistake which is sounds very ridiculous to me. In short all the process was perfect to offer the worse salary possible, and it is very difficult to believe that a company such as Barclays would have made such a big mistake after 14 interviews.

Clearly I declined the offer, as this didnt give me assurance that they would respect any aspect of the job in the future.

I will honestly not recommend this Company to anyone, and will prevent anyone to apply.

Interview Questions
  • If you have an interview with Barclays, you have to be expected to dig into every single emotional aspect of your life, no matter how hard it was for you. If your mother died and you were depressed about it, they will use this against you to reduce the salary; by this I mean every single event of your life, they will ask you questions to reveal how your life was and challenge you. Also, expect that things are suddenly changed at any moment. In my case, they said you will do manager job at manager salary and received an offer for director job at analyst salary.

They have in place a perfect intelligence system to investigate every single aspect of your life, to accomodate anything they can to their benefit, no matter if this affects you emotionally or financially. The company's number one objective is to maximise their money, so don't expect to receive a fair salary. If you want to work there think carefully before making such decision as this can significantly affect your life.

This was a very long and exhausting process that at the end was really a waste of time due to their exclusive focus on paying the least possible.
      Answer Question

Change in conditions: they initially described a Manager job at Manager salary, and at the end offered Director role at Analyst salary.

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!