Barclays Shared Services

Very Easy Interview

Process Advisor Interview

Process Advisor
Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in June 2012.

Interview Details – Well first off, I should mention that its a BPO job, and my experience prior to this job was in a different sector.
So i was counted as a fresher when I went to the barclays office in noida (Walk-in ) interview and was not allowed to give the interview
I then went to signature staff (a consultancy) which arranged an interview fore me.
(Don't know how)

Interview Question – I was just a simple conversation, nothing difficult   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Risk
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had two rounds
1. Telephonic
2. Face to Face.
Both the rounds were good.

For 2nd round, the interviewers were very happy (thats what they mentioned). They were clear about the questions. The questions were as expected. They thanks me for my time and appretiated my efforts. They also emphasised on meeting a SVP who was at place of interview (since they reported directly to her). They mentioned the reason as - "Since she is the person whom you will be reporting, lets have a quick chat with her". Unfortunately she was busy with some other interview.
Their body language signified that i was through the interview (Atleast i thought so..).

But.. Destiny was somthing different.. Almost 1 week past.. no response received from them. When contacted on phone, I got a reponse from HR saying "They are yet to get back to her about the opening"..

Dont know what went wrong.

Interview Question – No such difficult question. Since there was a change in my profile they asked me the reason.
They asked me what qualities would differentiate you from others. WHat qualities you can bring from your past experience.
  View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 HR round followed by AVP round

Interview Question – nothing unexpected.need to expaln your past experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes it was good and got what I wanted

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services.

Interview Details – I went through two rounds of technical interviews. Both were very easy. Hiring team is very proactive.

Negotiation Details – I had a good experience since I managed to negotiate well and things turned out in my favor.

Process Advisor (Call Centre Executive) Interview

Process Advisor (Call Centre Executive)
Noida (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview will have various rounds which will only check your English verbal skills. How well you speak, how confident are you while you speak and how good is your fake accent are the main criteria of selection. A bit of banking related knowledge will definitely add to your selection process. Previous call centre experience will give you salary negotiation power, after selection.

Interview Question – A random credit card holder's query like, 'why have you charged me this amount, when i was told at the time of application that i wont be charged anything for this card', is their favorite question. The interviewer will elongate this question and may give it an ugly side to test your temperament to test your under-pressure skills.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Training
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – interview process is good. protocol says we need to encourage people from inside talent pool so there is always an opportunity for people from inside.

Interview Question – of course the salary negotiation part!   Answer Question

Process Advisor Interview

Process Advisor
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in February 2013.

Interview Details – For me it was a temporary job through a Consultancy.
In the Consultancy they conducted the interview
1.Banking based questions to check your communication
2.Typing Test(25-30wpm , 3 errors)
3.Written Test
After that we need to attend a test directly in BSS office.
There
1.Written Test (Letter writing)
2.Face to Face

Interview Question – The Questions will be based on Banking terms , and formal tell about your self   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services.

Interview Details – A case study would be provided which needs to be solved within 1.5-2.0 hours of time. The same is then followed by HR and technical interview in the same order. The technical interview would be based on the analysis of the case study as well as general questions.

Team Manager Interview

Team Manager
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is quite extensive for all roles. Lot of emphasis on Customer service, Banking policies, People Management.

Interview Question – How do you maintain work-life balance   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Barclays Shared Services in September 2013.

Interview Details – Ok all you need is to speak well

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Shared Services

Worked for Barclays Shared Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Shared Services interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Shared Services employees and interview candidates.