Barclays

On campus interview

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays in January 2011.

The interview starts with a phone screen, and then onside with 4-5 group members. It's very nice.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays.

I applied through our college recruitment.The process took one day.
    First round was aptitude,logical of 90 min.
    16 students were selected for round 2 which was a Group activity round.
    There was 4 groups of 4 students each and were given some activity to be performed together.

Then all 16 students were taken to 1 technical and 1 HR round.

Technical round was of easy questions based on OOPS,OS,general algo based.
    Hr round was normal behaviour questions related.

In the end 9 students were selected for job offer.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

The hiring process included the typical online-assessment work (numerical/verbal reasoning) which as always seems somewhat straightforward. About a week after hearing I had passed this phase, I was invited to interview. The interview was split into two halves lasting about 45 minutes' each, the first was competency-focused and asked the usual "think of a time" style questions. The latter half of the interview lasted a further 45 minutes and involved reading through code and talking about what it did, what problems if any existed with it and how it could be proved. As the code chosen was from an older system, there were plenty of talking points.

The interviewers were personable and friendly, clearly comfortable discussing the job and the role and encouraged answering any questions about Barclays itself - they were very much open to questions about the future work available as far as was possible to discuss. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a difficult or unexpected question during this interview - the most unexpected part of the intervieww was the unknown code, but you'd expect to be looking at new code when you start so this is not an unrealistic demand in interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays in July 2009.

1st stage phone interview:
    general c++ questions from all possible areas: constness, inheritance, smart pointers, templates, STL, multithreading etc.
    Example: What is 'mutable'? Give an example where you used it.

2nd stage inhouse interview:
    Four tasks - I had to write code on paper. The last one was to write tree-related algorithm.

Overall it wasn't difficult, but I failed because I did a few stupid mistakes in a basic questions. So my recommendation would be: review basic concepts and not only advanced.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Give an example where you used 'mutable'.   View Answer