Barclays Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Mainly technical question from a list in excel, starting from basic concepts and moving on to more complex things. DB, OOP, Services... Learn the basics and review as many questions from theory as you can

Interview Questions

got a better offer from other company

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Software Developer Interview

Interview

On campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone screen, and then onside with 4-5 group members. It's very nice.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (East Timor)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (East Timor)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process is more or less the same. What matters is the interviewers behavior and attitude. how does Barclay's being such as esteemed organization hire such guys. His attitude was that of a butcher and sounded like carpenter. With his continuous interruptions in the middle of answers, it was like he was only interviewing to showcase he is the boss in the process. My serious suggestion to Barclays HR team - Guys, keep a good interviewer. because the interviewer is representing your organization and work ethics.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied through our college recruitment.The process took one day. First round was aptitude,logical of 90 min. 16 students were selected for round 2 which was a Group activity round. There was 4 groups of 4 students each and were given some activity to be performed together. Then all 16 students were taken to 1 technical and 1 HR round. Technical round was of easy questions based on OOPS,OS,general algo based. Hr round was normal behaviour questions related. In the end 9 students were selected for job offer.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The hiring process included the typical online-assessment work (numerical/verbal reasoning) which as always seems somewhat straightforward. About a week after hearing I had passed this phase, I was invited to interview. The interview was split into two halves lasting about 45 minutes' each, the first was competency-focused and asked the usual "think of a time" style questions. The latter half of the interview lasted a further 45 minutes and involved reading through code and talking about what it did, what problems if any existed with it and how it could be proved. As the code chosen was from an older system, there were plenty of talking points. The interviewers were personable and friendly, clearly comfortable discussing the job and the role and encouraged answering any questions about Barclays itself - they were very much open to questions about the future work available as far as was possible to discuss. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really a difficult or unexpected question during this interview - the most unexpected part of the intervieww was the unknown code, but you'd expect to be looking at new code when you start so this is not an unrealistic demand in interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

1st stage phone interview: general c++ questions from all possible areas: constness, inheritance, smart pointers, templates, STL, multithreading etc. Example: What is 'mutable'? Give an example where you used it. 2nd stage inhouse interview: Four tasks - I had to write code on paper. The last one was to write tree-related algorithm. Overall it wasn't difficult, but I failed because I did a few stupid mistakes in a basic questions. So my recommendation would be: review basic concepts and not only advanced.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Give an example where you used 'mutable'.   1 Answer