Barclays Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.1

Fraud Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Online test in 3 parts which took ages, then a face to face interview. We were shown around then an hour or so of having questions thrown at you by a snotty interviewer. The questions were quite intense, constant questions fired at you, never had an interview like it. Not at all what I expected and it didn't make me want to work for the company either. Very long process for what the job is, which is a call centre job that anyone can do in fairness. I left the interview feeling negative about the company and not wanting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knutsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Barclays (Knutsford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Attended an assessment centre that lasted from 9am to approximately 5pm. Had to complete a variety of group activities such as building a tower out of Spaghetti and Marshmallows. You can't really prepare for it, they're looking for teamwork. Also had to complete a numeracy and literacy exam, 30 minutes each. Lastly was a 1-1 interview with basic competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a conflict and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as it's a graduate scheme with promotions each year.

Product Manager - Electronic Payments Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Multiple rounds as expected. Barclays provided an interview guide suggesing preparation based on STAR type responses. First interview was HR, followed by 2 in business and final by hiring manager.

After 3 rounds and meeting multiple people I was told that even though they liked me but won't make an offer as I did not have any banking background. If that was the key qualification then why would they not eliminate me after 1st or 2nd interview ? My CV did not say I was from banking so pretty strange ending....

Interview Questions

• What transferable skills do you possess
      Why Barclays
      Why payments specifically
      how would you manage difficult people
      Risk management capability

Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied online it took about 2 weeks, then I received email to book interview date, I attended It was competency based questions. Interview took more then an hour. Results of interview was received after 1 week

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

One to one interview - very relaxed. Together with two other applicants I was shown around the building before the interview. The interviewer made me feel at ease and we were given a short talk about the benefits and working conditions. The staff were friendly

Interview Questions

• When have you worked under pressure to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Four stages to the process. At stage one I had to facilitate a session with the prospective team I would be working with, I was then told my the director that this was a positive change to improving the interview process and making it shorter. Unfortunately, this did not hold true as I went to Barclays another three times to do the standard interview process.

On the final interview, I was told to expect a values interview, however when I arrived, the director I met, said he didn't know what role I was interviewing for and had just been told to interview me. When we did eventually find a room to go to, he didn't asked me values questions, rather my opinions in banking and where I though Barclays fitted in banking.

Two weeks later I received a call; to say that they had ceased recruitment of this role and that they may look for someone in 6 months. but that they would prefer to recruit someone internally! Clearly I was unimpressed and felt that my time had been wasted.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

This was for a role in the PCB (or UKRBB) division of Barclays.
    There were: 3 interviews, an online personality questionnaire, credit/DBS/residency/citizenship checks.
    1st Interview - Telephone based by one of the resourcing team, following a strict, set script. Asked about job and salary expectations, and lasted about 20 minutes.
    Online personality test - 50 multiple-choice questions; lasted about 30 minutes. No time limit.
    2nd Interview - Competency based; Face to face with 2 Directors in 1 Churchill Place, lasted 60 minutes. Very friendly and structured.
    3rd Interview - Biographical interview; Face to face with 1 Directors & 1 MD in 1 Churchill Place, lasted 3 hours. Despite the length, it didn't seem long. Lots of probing but fair questions; again, friendly & welcoming. Answered my questions directly.
    Offer was made a week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have utilised internal and external networks.   1 Answer

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was one to one face to face interview which lasted for an hour and was all related to past experiences in customer facing role involving competency based questions.

Interview went well and I am still waiting for a positive response which takes 3-5 days.

Community Banker (Essentials) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (Bolton, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online, after completing and scoring quite high on the brand values test as well as the numeracy and verbal reasoning tests was invited back for an interview. At this stage I found the supporting documents I submitted such as my CV and covering letter made a big impact on being invited to the 1:1 interview.

Didn't get enough time to prepare for the interview as was told to book an interview slot within the next 2 days. Interview was quite simple went quite well, there was an emphasis on digital technology advancing in personal banking and expect candidates to be a little computer savvy. Basic customer orientated STAR questions probing to give motivations behind responses and how the result benefitted the business as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Why Barclays?

What motivates you?

Give me an example of a time:
      when you went out of the way to help a customer?
      when you were resilient? (what was your motivation behind this) (How did this impact the business)
      when you noticed unlawful behaviour?

Give me an example of one of the digital channel you would use for communication in branch? (how would this be useful)

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

first round telephone: relaxed, very friendly, gave good feedback post interview.
    had to fill in online form, answer a few questions. heard bac after two months. invited to first round telephone interview
    why barclays
    why ibd
    strengths/ weaknesses.

seems like a good place to work, good programme.