Barclays Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

first round telephone: relaxed, very friendly, gave good feedback post interview.
    had to fill in online form, answer a few questions. heard bac after two months. invited to first round telephone interview
    why barclays
    why ibd
    strengths/ weaknesses.

seems like a good place to work, good programme.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews 30 mins each. Run by Associate and Senior investment banker. Very friendly atmosphere, but questions are highly technical. Make sure to use all available technical questions to practice well structured delivery during interview.

Interview Questions

• Why /investment banking? Tell me about DDM? What is the IPO process...   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays (City of London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

App direct to Barclays. Telephone interview, online psychometric test then assessment centre encompassing competency and business line interview plus a 15 minute presentation on an innovation I launched in my current role. All fairly standard and to be expected for a role at this level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about relationships you have formed and how these affect your professional network. How you keep your network up to date and what you do to stay abreast of market developments.   Answer Question

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays in March 2015.

Interview

application form- numerical test 1 personality test and 1 behavioural test- telephone interview- final telephone interview. it was a strength based interview, sometimes the questions dont expect you to give examples but i will advice you give examples using the STAR method. Barclays HR are friendly so take your time in structuring your answer.
    also HR is taking notes, there might be a min of silence after your answer, hold on for the next question dont extend your answer so you dont ramble

Interview Questions

• why barclays
      what does inclusion mean to you
      how do you build relationship
      do you like to work in a diverse environment

1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Quick response, online tests to assess numerical and verbal skills. Long delay until interview stage - 6 weeks from application closing date to face to face interview.

Poor interview experience as they had advertised incorrect information regarding role. Different location and entirely different role. Total waste of my time as wouldn't have applied for the role in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have had to engage and communicate with several stakeholders.   Answer Question
    • Talk me through an example of where you have had to manage an under performing team member.   Answer Question

Location differed from what was advertised and the role was nothing like what attracted me to it in the first place.

Vice President Corporate Banking Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Business line interview focussing in on skills and background and the degree to which there is a match between what both sides are looking for and what's on offer. No formal evaluation took place in terms of testing qualitative or quantitative ability. The interview was simply a discussion based around competencies.

Interview Questions

• Identify the biggest weakness in my self and how to overcome that weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating phase has been biggest stumbling block - simply because the process is pitiful, not because they were not prepared to negotiate. HR has no authority to negotiate salaries but are in charge of negotiations... Go figure!

Trainee Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays (Poole, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was too long, and has 4 rounds on the same day, which was tiring and the worst part was the aptitude test, which includes 48 questions to complete in just 20 minutes, which is physically impossible.

Interview Questions

• demonstrate with an eg barclays values   1 Answer

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

there was an online application form (general information, education history, work history), online assessments (scenario questions, maths test and verbal reasoning test), face to face interview (with 2 managers, they gave me the topics which would be asked about the day before by email )

Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview. Strength based 12 questions. Nothing too hard, to be honest.
    assessment day. 2 interviews and trading game. Be prepared for the trading, find a previous analyst or something who has done it, and find out what the optimal strategy is, and stick to it, do not be confused, and it should be easy from then on.
    Interviews were standard, but also with the people you will be working with, try and give off your hard working personality and things like that.

Interview Questions

• when have you worked with large data sets?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Did a spring internship the previous year and so was offered a fast track assessment centre for the Summer internship. A 45 minute strengths based interview and a 45 minute technical interview. Then a group exercise and a calendar prioritisation exercise. Originally had phone interview and another assessment centre for my spring week.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview strength based. Technical interview was vague and not too focused   Answer Question