Barclays Wealth

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Wealth.

Interview Details – The entire process takes months. HR tells you they'll call you in 2 weeks and then calls you a month later saying they'll call you in 2 more weeks. Interviews are more based on personality than testing knowledge. This is because the firm has a "frat bro" culture.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The interviewers are more concerned with whether or not you'll work 12 months before realizing how much the place sucks and move on.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Wealth.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty much one sided monologue with the interviewer doing the talking.It looked like he wanted to spend some time on a friday afternoon with no clear agenda in mind. He was very nice and warm as a person, but the interview looked more like a coffee chat (monologue).He didn't ask me anything, only asked me what questions I had.

Interview Question – No question was difficult because he didnt ask anything.He only talked and talked when I asked him something and this went on for 1 hr.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview 1st with a VP then flying to NYC (at my expense) for face to face interviews. Once in NYC I had 3 face to face interviews, one with the hiring manager and the other two with department heads I would be interacting with if hired. All 3 interviews were pretty straight forward mainly focusing on my previous work experience. What made this interview experience a negative one was the fact that I never heard back from anyone. Not even a form email stating I didn’t get the job. I thought that was pretty cold & unprofessional on Barclays part considering the people I interviewed with was aware that I traveled to NYC at my expense for the interview. If they treat interviewees like this, I can imagine how they treat their employees.

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview at Barclays Wealth is the most disgusting interview I have ever experienced in my entire 10 year career in the tech industry. It was such an harrasing experience that I am never ever gonna apply to Barclays again.
I was scheduled for a 1-1 phone interview with 3 different people for half hour each. First, the hiring manager called up. He was nice and friendly. He did not ask any technical stuff. He was primarily interested in getting an idea about what I worked on, what kind of complex work have I handled etc. It lasted for about 20-25 min. After it was over, a 2nd guy calls up after like 15 min. I think he was a developer. He was Indian(I must mention here that I am also an Indian). His communication skill was so poor and pathetic. He was showing off attitude the moment he started speaking. He was rude. His conversation was so egoistic, it seemed as if he was considering himself the CEO of the company ( CEOs are more friendly that this bugger ). His questions were so vague and over-broad. I did not think he was qualified enough to interview anyone. After I tried to give specific answer to his vague first question, he was not even ready to listen to me or discuss the answer with me. That very moment, I lost my interest in continuing the discussion, I felt like I was wasting my time. He then continued with his 2nd stupid question and I did not feel like answering his vague question. It continued for like 5 minutes, and he hang up the phone. I felt so offended.
I think Barclays should raise their bar about the kind of people they bring into their interview panel. Rude and ill-mannered people in the interview panel reflects poorly on the company's work culture.

Interview Question – If there are 2 servlets up and running, how do you communicate between those 2 servlets ?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in August 2010.

Interview Details – Unique part was a 2 hr session with H/R where they went through the entire resume line by line. The other interviews were 30-40 minutes each. Total 5 interviews.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in April 2010.

Interview Details – Super Day. Invited all candidates for 3, in-person interviews about 30 minutes each. Barclays presented the initiative well and it was well organized. However, it seemed that the interviewers were the ones with less prep.

Interview Question – What do you know about Wealth Management and specifically, about Barclays Wealth Management business? How do we differ from say, Merrill Lynch?   Answer Question

Investment Banker Interview

Investment Banker
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was an average interview. Typical questions about experience in investments.

Interview Question – What is your driving motivator?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in January 2010.

Interview Details – First round interview on campus, second round in New York. Individual was very sales focused and a little dry. The fallout from Lehman has clearly impacted the company and they are hiring. Individual was pretty straight forward and did not ask difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Wealth.

Interview Details – I applied internally around end of January, was invited for the competency based interview second week in February. There were about 5 competencies each competency lasting about 45 mins. The questions varied from tell us a time when you had to deliver a difficult message through to tell us about a couple of big risks that are about to hit this organisation shortly. I was also asked a question around managing conflict and how I managed the situation.

Interview Question – I was asked about a time when I had to apply regulatory change in my current role. It was a compliance role so there was a huge emphasis on preventing and eliminating risk   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Private Wealth Management Interview

Summer Intern - Private Wealth Management
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted the online application - Did the online tests. Was asked to organise a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was awful - no space for actually talking to the interviewer. They just asked a bunch of questions and said they could repeat the question but it was up to us to interpret it. They gave no indication of how much they wanted to hear and when they had heard enough.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - just things like "how do you respond to feedback?" With an unrelated question next so no follow up or anything.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Wealth

Worked for Barclays Wealth? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Wealth interview questions and advice. All 46 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Wealth employees and interview candidates.