Barclays Wealth

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Wealth.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty much one sided monologue with the interviewer doing the talking.It looked like he wanted to spend some time on a friday afternoon with no clear agenda in mind. He was very nice and warm as a person, but the interview looked more like a coffee chat (monologue).He didn't ask me anything, only asked me what questions I had.

Interview Question – No question was difficult because he didnt ask anything.He only talked and talked when I asked him something and this went on for 1 hr.   Answer Question

Vice President

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer had no clue. Most of the bankers have no experience managing money. I can't possibly in good conscience sell a pile of crap to my clients of hnwi some of which are personal friends

Interview Question – How do you keep up with the financial news?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See above

London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Wealth in February 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview from non reporting individual first
second intereview with hiring manager and head of dealing
primarily focused on university years and reasons joined industry ... fine for someone with 1-2 yrs experience but I am 13yrs and had much more interesting relevant things to talk about ... felt like they were interviewing from the book of interview for dummies.

Interview Question – why I chose to get into banking 13 yrs after the event   View Answer

Reason for Declining – platform did not seem compelling

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Wealth

Worked for Barclays Wealth? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Wealth Vice President interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barclays Wealth employees and interview candidates.