Bard Access Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR Assistant to schedule an interview. She was very professional and gave perfect information to clarify that I would be able to locate the business. Upon arrival, the business was clean and again extremely professional. I was surprised at how little anyone acknowledged or interacted with the receptionist. In this respect the business seemed cold. The members of the HR team were friendly and the interview went well. They did not communicate back with me as an applicant even after leaving a phone message as follow-up regarding whether the position was filled.

Media Interview

Media
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had 5 separate interviews of 45 minutes to an hour long. Felt like I was going through a filter before I could speak to the top decision maker. Work culture seemed fairly typical corporate, people were friendly and the office was clean and maintained.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview, then in person interview. Met with a total of 4 people, each interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview that led to an in person interview. Interviewed by 6 members of the company with different titles all directly related to the advertised position. Each member had a specific outcome for the interview. Technical knowledge, team player, results oriented, etc. Each interview was approximately 30-40 minutes long.

Interview Question – If you could purchase a skill, what would it be?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Finance/Accounting
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – My initial contact with the company came through a recruiter. I was then contacted by the HR department to set up a telephone interview. The telephone interview was roughly 3 hours long and actually consisted of interviewing with 4 people back to back. It took about three weeks before I was contacted again regarding the interview process, and by that point I thought they had decided on another candidate.

When I was contacted again, I was invited to Salt Lake City, Utah for an in-person interview. Bard paid for the airfare and hotel room, but I paid for my meals and the rental car. The in-person interview was similar to the telephone interview. It consisted of four back-to-back interviews with four seperate people within Bard. It lasted roughly 3 hours. It again was at least three weeks later before I was contacted again with a job offer.

Note - the "pros' about Bard that the recruiter sold me on turned out to be false, and the job has turned out to be completely different than what was presented to me during the hireing process. If I would have known those things before I accepted the job, I would have declined the offer.

Interview Question – How would you handle a disagreement between yourself and your manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You either take the salary and vacation that they offer, or you don't accept the position. Two-weeks vacation for new employees; non-negotiable.

Sales Interview

Sales
Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in February 2011.

Interview Details – Miserable interview with a female regional manager. She made very clear that she was going to hard-ass her way in the "male-dominated" management. I wouldn't have taken the job had I moved forward in the process. In my research on the company, I was impressed by the product portfolio, the direction management is planning for the company and the reasonably-high compensation for a very demanding position. The interview was nothing like the company's portrayal of itself.

Interview Questions

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Bard Access Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview and next step will be a face to face. It seems like a very good place to work . Benefits are great.

Interview Question – Was about my experience   View Answer

Worked for Bard Access Systems? Contribute to the Community!