Bard Interview Questions

3.3

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bard (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

several phone interviews, 2 live interviews, math and personality tests

Interview Questions

• sales reps come off as laid back and friendly to test professionalism   Answer Question

culture

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bard (Tempe, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled approximately one week after applying online. Interviewers were obnoxious, pushy & arrogant on the phone. After calling for an update following the interview, an in-person interview was scheduled. First interview was with the director of HR who clearly did not review my CV before the interview and, instead, chose to have me verbally walk her through it. She was not friendly and was overly confused about my qualifications for the position. Second interview was with the director of regulatory affairs and his sidekick. This was more of a "meet and greet" than an actual interview and they had no real questions prepared. 18 days after the interview, multiple phone calls and e-mails to HR, I received an e-mailed response that "the business had chosen to go a different direction." Thanks, 3 weeks after the fact. HR department is horrible and a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• How's your persuasive writing?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your entire resume....start to finish....because I have not reviewed it. And do it slowly because I will be confused...   Answer Question

Financial Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bard (Murray Hill, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with 3 people including the hiring manager for the physical interview. The hiring manager seemed like she was fed up with interviewing people which was understandable as I found out later 100+ people from the Tri-State area were interviewed fro this job and 3 of my colleagues that I know of so CR Bard has a bad reputation of having high expectations and wasting people's time.

I received feedback from the recruiter that I was not technical enough for the position and I was shocked as I had formal training in the software and more years of experience in Administering the software then the hiring manager had.

The pay they are offering was not competitive for the few Hyperion products they had and the laundry list of skills they expected this person to have as it is a small HQ with not a lot of complexity or team to learn from.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bard (Tempe, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Began with an informal 45 minute interview with the standard questions. Low pressure, went over my resume, discussed what I knew about the company, and what the internship entails.

I was never contacted again after the interview and was never told the position went to someone else. The HR department in Tempe seems extremely disinterested. Interviewer was very friendly and the position sounded very appealing.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bard (Covington, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews lasting over an hour combined with two individuals went well. An on-site interview was then scheduled.

At the start of the on-site, the lead decision maker arrived twenty minutes late for a thirty minute interview slot. He appeared annoyed to start and also appeared to have his decision made even before the conversation began.

The remaining six interviews that day were difficult, but appeared to go well. The interview process lasted seven hours in total.

The environment was fine. Most people were friendly and helpful, ready to answer any questions that you might have; Human Resources was especially helpful.
     There is a strong push to grow the business, so expect a high pressure environment from the lead decision maker.

No feedback was received after the interview, only that they were looking for someone else through the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict of opinions between two highly experienced professionals on your project, on the technical direction that the project should take?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bard (Covington, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Very fast process with a lot of interviews in one day

Interview Questions

• Regarding people management and experience managing multiple people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate. If considering it doesn't hurt to counter

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bard in July 2008.

Interview

Recruiter set up the interview and screened my resume with previous sales experience. This was a 1st interview and there were 30 other people interviewing over a 3-day period. The company is a very well run company and I heard great things about the job, but was not on my A-game for the interview and was probably not the most qualified to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What did you tell your current employer you were doing today?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you verses someone with more experience?   Answer Question

Team Member I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glens Falls, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bard (Glens Falls, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

Seems like a pretty standard cookie cutter interview....if you've been interviewed at Wal-Mart as a teenager, expect roughly the same layout. The only difference is the manual skills assesment test; a pegboard with several small metal widgets that you must assemble and place in the holes in the peg board. When completed, they're about the size of a push pin; you must assemble a certain number (I think it was 25 in my case) within a certain time (1 minute for me).

Interview Questions

• The manual skills assesment test was more difficult than I expected; I made the minimum standard on the third (and final) try.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uh...it's a manufacturing job so....expect no negotiations to take place! The pay rate is about $9.76 an hour, with raises every three months for the first year and then annually, and ample opportunity for overtime at 1.5 or 2 times base rate pay.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bard in February 2011.

Interview

Mostly personality test in the first round, tougher skill tests in the second round. Opposite of what most do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bard in November 2009.

Interview

I applied on line. I was phone interviewed by the hiring mgr. An in plant interview was scheduled by HR rep.
    HR rep had 20 minutes of questions taken randomly from a pre printed sheet. Typical , deep thought reaching questions. Then I interviewed with 2 engineers from the department. Things went well at the interview. I did not see the hiring mgr because he was out on a personal emergency. I waited 2 weeks and never heard a thing! I found out from an inside source that an internal caniditate had popped up at the last moment. I assume that my being informed had simply fallen through the cracks.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to resolve a dissagreement with yoru supervisor? How did you handle it?   1 Answer