Bare Escentuals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Bare Escentuals

Interview Details – There were two interviews. One consisted of an in-store interview with the Store Manager. I had to bring a model and conduct a makeup application on her to demonstrate my basic makeup application skills as well as selling skills. Once that was completed I immediately had an interview with the Store Manager in which I was asked basic questions such as why I want to work for the brand. I had to describe instances of where I've provided outstanding customer service and to describe a time where I had a challenge at work and overcame it.

The second and final interview was with the District Manager and I was asked what traits and skills I believed a good manager possessed. I was again asked to tell of a time I was faced with a challenge at work and how I went about solving the problem.

Interview Question – How would you go about coaching an employee who always makes excuses and seems to not care about their job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't want to give me the pay I asked for an it took weeks of me insisting I would be a valuable asset to the company. I found this silly since I was making a higher wage at my previous employer.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in August 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone call for an interview within 2 days of applying online.
Met with the new store manager,( at that time-new store opening), the next day.
She went over my resume and asked a few questions on how I would handle certain situations.
Discussed availability- which you must be open 100%.

Interview Questions

• If you heard two employees having an inappropriate conversation on the sales floor what would you do?   Answer Question
  • If a supervisor was not following the rules and was trying to get you to do the same what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be very open and talkative. Dress like you work there (all black). They like you to be up to date in fashion. The DM does not like any piercings or visible tattoos. Natural colored hair only.

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!