Bare Escentuals Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bare Escentuals (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Asked my strengths,weaknesses, experience/resume, asked if I liked working with multiple other women of all different ages, explained the expectations (high sales goals) and dress code (all black), asked what I enjoyed about doing makeup, what I could bring to the team. It was a one on one interview, I was told there would be a second interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• tell about a time when you handled a situation the wrong way at work   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but should have tried.

Other Interview Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Lehigh Valley, PA).

Interview

In person interview went really well, took in my portfolio talked to manager for 90 mins. Next I had a phone interview that was awkward with a assistant manager, she was blunt and rude I had loads of makeup artist experience and I also 2100 hrs of cosmetology education. She treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about. I actually ended up emailing the CEO and human resource managers about their interview process, it was unorganized and I knew more about esthetics than the managers and other that worked there.

Interview Questions

• what product is most important between men and women. Men and women are 2 diffferent skin types and need to be seperated in that question.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bare Escentuals in July 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview was easy, very informal. The group interview was kind of awkward, the questions were not hard but it was difficult to come up with creative answers in front of other people. Typical questions were, "what are your strengths and opportunities (weaknesses)?" It didn't seem to matter whether you had cosmetic experience or not, just as long as you were outgoing and friendly, working in retail is a plus. The one on one interview was where they basically asked you the same typical interview questions, but really wanted to get to know you more. I was offered the job and filled out paperwork before I even left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to to negotiate salary. But it was stated that every three months you will have a review and be eligible for a raise. However, their handbook says that reviews are given once a year. After working here for over three months, I have not had any opportunity for a raise or performance review. Other co-workers have said, "it doesn't matter anyway because they haven't given anyone a raise in over 2 years."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bare Escentuals (Roseville, MN) in May 2009.

Interview

The Boutique manager came into Macy's scouting recruits. I got her number and called her immediately, I ended up meeting her at Panera an hour later. I was hired on the spot at $12.50 and hour and promised to be kept close because of my experience.

Negotiation

No negotiation I was happy with the salary and part-time benefits. Advice I would give is to really look over the benefits carefully, I thought I was getting good benefits but they were terrible.