Bare Escentuals

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boutique Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple of days later a Regional Manager contacted me about scheduling an interview. I met with her at the location she was hiring for and we sat down in the extremely noisy second food area of that mall. She asked me to explain my most recent position and asked me a couple of follow up questions. Once we went through that for a little while, she then asked me if I had any questions. I asked her to explain what the day-to-day expectations are and what the training would look like. She explained requirements such as team development around customer service and sales and that she was looking to fill the position quickly due to a large seminar coming up the next month. She closed the interview by saying that it may be early the next week before she called about her decision and for me to call her if I had any questions before then. I called her midway the following week after I hadn't heard anything. She told me that she was waiting to speak with other managers who had also been conducting interviews for this position and to call her back the following Tuesday. I waited, still didn't hear anything, and then called her that Tuesday afternoon. She explained that she still hadn't met with everyone and I asked if she'd like for one of my references to e-mail her some information. She said that would be great, she responded to one of my previous manager who contacted her, and we've never heard from her again.

Almost a month went by without her giving me an answer and then the position was posted on a job site once again. I'm still not sure why she didn't just tell me that I didn't have the job.....

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected. She did not seem to use a format like most other recruiters or hiring manager seem to use for other retail positions. The fact that we were in a very disruptive meeting area was difficult though.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in May 2010.

Interview Details – Via telephone. I had 3 interviews and was hired in the 3rd, It was fast because the previous candidate fell through.

Interview Question – It was great, before the idiots took over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was and if you stand your ground it will go your way

Boutique Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in March 2011.

Interview Details – I Actually interviewd with the Distric Manager and the Boutique Manager of a different store. I arrived about 10min early and waited waited about 20min before the interview started. The distric manager didn't ask very many questions your basic tell me about yourself and how much money do you currently make. The boutique manager never asked anything. I was told I would definatly get a call back the following Tuesday, which I didn't. I called but my call was never returned. Honestly I felt like the distric manager wasn't very prefessional and her top was Way to low cut.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bare Escentuals

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!

Bare Escentuals Videos

Bare Escentuals – Why Work for Us?

Beauty is a movement. Pretty attracts us, but beauty changes us. That’s why Bare Escentuals is founded on our belief in beautiful, healthy-looking skin and that all women can achieve it. Every bareMinerals® product is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bare Escentuals Boutique Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bare Escentuals employees and interview candidates.