Bare Escentuals

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lancaster, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview, asked me about the owner so you need to look up about the company on-line, all about the girlfriend experience. Need to know how to sell things to the manager, need to be confidant.

Interview Question – What is this company all about?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always ask for more money, they never pay you what they should.

Interviewed at Bare Escentuals

Interview Details – I'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important information.I'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important informationI'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important information.

Interview Question – I'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important information.   View Answer

Beauty Embassador Interview

Beauty Embassador
Springfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in February 2013.

Interview Details – One short interview upon dropping off my application. After a few weeks of hearing nothing back I called to check in, and then went in personally a day or two later when the manager was in (after asking the employee that answered the phone a few days before). I had a fairly short interview about my goals, my experience, etc.., and was then hired o the spot.

Negotiation Details – I was offered 75 cents more than what I was currently making at my other job, which was only paying me minimum wage.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boutique Manager Interview

Boutique Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple of days later a Regional Manager contacted me about scheduling an interview. I met with her at the location she was hiring for and we sat down in the extremely noisy second food area of that mall. She asked me to explain my most recent position and asked me a couple of follow up questions. Once we went through that for a little while, she then asked me if I had any questions. I asked her to explain what the day-to-day expectations are and what the training would look like. She explained requirements such as team development around customer service and sales and that she was looking to fill the position quickly due to a large seminar coming up the next month. She closed the interview by saying that it may be early the next week before she called about her decision and for me to call her if I had any questions before then. I called her midway the following week after I hadn't heard anything. She told me that she was waiting to speak with other managers who had also been conducting interviews for this position and to call her back the following Tuesday. I waited, still didn't hear anything, and then called her that Tuesday afternoon. She explained that she still hadn't met with everyone and I asked if she'd like for one of my references to e-mail her some information. She said that would be great, she responded to one of my previous manager who contacted her, and we've never heard from her again.

Almost a month went by without her giving me an answer and then the position was posted on a job site once again. I'm still not sure why she didn't just tell me that I didn't have the job.....

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected. She did not seem to use a format like most other recruiters or hiring manager seem to use for other retail positions. The fact that we were in a very disruptive meeting area was difficult though.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly straight forward. I can't think of a single exceptional thing about it. "Mention a time you had to deal with a difficult situation ect.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview Details – When i got hired the process was different. I submitted an application at the suggestion of an employee who worked there. I was using the cosmetics before employment and she encouraged me to apply. After doing 2 interviews i was told to come back and do a type of audition. Basically it was me selling a product i had picked out of a brochure of the products. But currently you're expected to preform a Full Make under on a model, that you bring, to show your\ talent in artistry, conversation, and closing a sale.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions as i was applying for an internal promotion. Since i knew my District Manager for a year prior she was pretty straight forward.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was an internal promotion so there were no negotiations.

Keyholder Interview

Keyholder
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in April 2012.

Interview Details – was called originally for ABM position, they promoted from within. hadn't heard from them, and about 3 weeks later, a call from the BM, she wanted to know if I was interested in a keyholder position, spoke with DM a few days later

Interview Question – Nothing to terribly difficult, was asked about my prior management skills and how I would handle certain situations, what my role and responsibilities were.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleasantly surprised to hear they were starting me at 15.00 per hour, I refer to glassdoor.com alot and they average the starting wage at around 12.00 per hour.

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Beauty Ambassador

Interview Details – I had two interviews one was just getting to know me, and what knowledge I had with the products, and makeup in general. The next one was a make-under where I brought in a friend, and did a look based on a certain situation, mine was a bridal look, I made sure to really try and "sell" the product, and make sure my client was happy with how the look was coming along after each step.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you, what sets you apart from anyone else?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Business Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview Details – Interviewed in the food court of mall with the department manager. All of the questions seemed very scripted.

Key Holder

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview Details – First interview was with Store Manager, then skills test (bring in model & do a makeover) if you past that second interview with District Manager & District Sales Trainer.

Interview Question – Ask regular job questions why want to work here, experience background, customer service related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negioation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bare Escentuals

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!

Bare Escentuals Videos

Bare Escentuals – Why Work for Us?

Beauty is a movement. Pretty attracts us, but beauty changes us. That’s why Bare Escentuals is founded on our belief in beautiful, healthy-looking skin and that all women can achieve it. Every bareMinerals® product is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bare Escentuals interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bare Escentuals employees and interview candidates.