Bare Escentuals

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.5

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Went in with my resume and a printed application and asked for the manager. I asked if they were still hiring for the position and that I had already applied online if they were. She said she would call and within two days I received a call to come in for an interview. I came in and she asked me standard questions about my work experience, how I have dealt with difficult customers or employees, how I work in a small environment with a small team, and how I could handle the job requirements. She was very sweet and easy to talk to. I told her that I was not a professional makeup artist, but I have a passion for it and am a quick learner. We set up my next interview for about a week later which was a "make-under" application on a friend. It was more about how I could sell the product and how much product knowledge I had than how well I could apply it. It was 30 minutes long and if you are well-versed in the products and the company, it should not be too difficult. My last interview was a phone interview with the District Manager. It was pretty quick and she also just asked me general questions about my experience and how I could handle the job. After about another week I was offered a job!

Interview Questions
    • How will you encourage your team to make goals as a new member?   View Answer

Assistant Botique Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

I was Contacted by DM on LinkedIn. Very easy informal phone interview. The DM was very easy to talk with. I then had an In person interview with boutique manager. The questions were pretty standard. Most of them were about past experience and management style. It took about a week for them to get back to me due to a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Coaching styles. How do you coach to selling behaviors?   Answer Question

Beauty Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

I applied in person with a resume and was asked to fill out a paper application then and there. I interviewed with both manager and assistant manager. I was advised that I could begin working when the girl I was replacing when on leave. it took weeks of checking back before I was officially hired and began working. interview was typical of any other I've been on. it helps to know a little bit about bare minerals before hand.

Interview Questions
    • typical questions. helps to know a little about the company before hand.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate my pay. if I could go back and do it again, I would. I accepted their first offer. I found out later that they typically will give you what you ask for, depending on experience and within reason.

Boutique Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Was recruited by District Manager, interviewed with Regional Manager. Asked questions about team building, sales driving, and coaching. Talked about management skills, I have over 20 years experience so just understand business and what it takes to drive sales and traffic into locations and you will do fine

Interview Questions
    negotiation was easy, they came in mid range and I went high, we met in the middle

Global Brand Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Phone Interview - I only made it to the phone interview which was a pretty basic phone interview with the recruiter to ensure I was a good fit for the role. They were looking for someone with more technical experience than I had/thought the job description called for.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic phone interview - what are you most proud of from your current job, if you were hired, how would you analyze this issue?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Began with phone interview and follow- up with face to face. The manager and workers are friendly and want you to ensure a girlfriend experience with each customer. Also, sell, sell, sell! It's the best thing to do! The numbers to matter to the company!

Key Holder Interview

I'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important information.I'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important informationI'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important information.

Interview Questions
    • I'm sorry but I just need this site to unlock all of its features right now so that i get some very important information.   View Answer

Boutique Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

I applied online and a couple of days later a Regional Manager contacted me about scheduling an interview. I met with her at the location she was hiring for and we sat down in the extremely noisy second food area of that mall. She asked me to explain my most recent position and asked me a couple of follow up questions. Once we went through that for a little while, she then asked me if I had any questions. I asked her to explain what the day-to-day expectations are and what the training would look like. She explained requirements such as team development around customer service and sales and that she was looking to fill the position quickly due to a large seminar coming up the next month. She closed the interview by saying that it may be early the next week before she called about her decision and for me to call her if I had any questions before then. I called her midway the following week after I hadn't heard anything. She told me that she was waiting to speak with other managers who had also been conducting interviews for this position and to call her back the following Tuesday. I waited, still didn't hear anything, and then called her that Tuesday afternoon. She explained that she still hadn't met with everyone and I asked if she'd like for one of my references to e-mail her some information. She said that would be great, she responded to one of my previous manager who contacted her, and we've never heard from her again.

Almost a month went by without her giving me an answer and then the position was posted on a job site once again. I'm still not sure why she didn't just tell me that I didn't have the job.....

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. She did not seem to use a format like most other recruiters or hiring manager seem to use for other retail positions. The fact that we were in a very disruptive meeting area was difficult though.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

When i got hired the process was different. I submitted an application at the suggestion of an employee who worked there. I was using the cosmetics before employment and she encouraged me to apply. After doing 2 interviews i was told to come back and do a type of audition. Basically it was me selling a product i had picked out of a brochure of the products. But currently you're expected to preform a Full Make under on a model, that you bring, to show your\ talent in artistry, conversation, and closing a sale.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions as i was applying for an internal promotion. Since i knew my District Manager for a year prior she was pretty straight forward.   View Answer
    was an internal promotion so there were no negotiations.

Beauty Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals.

I had two interviews one was just getting to know me, and what knowledge I had with the products, and makeup in general. The next one was a make-under where I brought in a friend, and did a look based on a certain situation, mine was a bridal look, I made sure to really try and "sell" the product, and make sure my client was happy with how the look was coming along after each step.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you, what sets you apart from anyone else?   Answer Question