Bare Escentuals

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in June 2012.

Interview Details – I walked into Bare Minerals one night, was told I should apply, came back the next morning wearing all black and had my 'face' on, the manager and assistant manager both interviewed me right then and there, scheduled my second interview with the corporate sales rep at a different mall in town for the same day, went out there and had my interview, they called me that same night and offered me the position. I was hired and interviewed 3 times within 24 hours of walking in the store for some shopping.

It may have been so easy for me because I already use the products and have sales experience.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should hire you over another person applying at the same time as you?   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in August 2011.

Interview Details – not many questions, offered a job because of expirience

Negotiation Details – negotiated easily

Wellington, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in September 2009.

Interview Details – My interviewer asked me meaningless questions all while wearing an uncomfortably inappropriate blouse. It was very akward, to say the least. And i still do not understand how my "favorite food" attributes to me obtaining a position in a cosmetics store.

Interview Question – "what is your favorite food to eat? Would you be bringing it into work?"   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bare Escentuals in December 2008.

Interview Details – After submitting an application, I was called to schedule an interview. This was done within the following days and conducted by the manager of the store. After the interview I was told they liked me and saw potential, but needed to see my sales skills. We scheduled a time to come back for a sale's pitch presentation as me acting like the sales person while the manager was the client and I tried to sell her an eyeshadow kit. I got the job. I was extremely nervous, much more so than if it had been an actual customer and not the manager of course. I tried to just pretend like I already worked there and I honestly did know a lot about the product so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about spending time with fellow employees outside of work-? (like making friends and going out for drinks).   Answer Question
  • It wasn't so much a question but the whole fake sales pitch was pretty difficult if you are not used to that. It was a fantastic learning experience though!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bare Escentuals

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!

Bare Escentuals Videos

Bare Escentuals – Why Work for Us?

Beauty is a movement. Pretty attracts us, but beauty changes us. That’s why Bare Escentuals is founded on our belief in beautiful, healthy-looking skin and that all women can achieve it. Every bareMinerals® product is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bare Escentuals Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bare Escentuals employees and interview candidates.