Bare Escentuals Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bare Escentuals in June 2012.

I walked into Bare Minerals one night, was told I should apply, came back the next morning wearing all black and had my 'face' on, the manager and assistant manager both interviewed me right then and there, scheduled my second interview with the corporate sales rep at a different mall in town for the same day, went out there and had my interview, they called me that same night and offered me the position. I was hired and interviewed 3 times within 24 hours of walking in the store for some shopping.

It may have been so easy for me because I already use the products and have sales experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think we should hire you over another person applying at the same time as you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bare Escentuals in August 2011.

not many questions, offered a job because of expirience

negotiated easily

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bare Escentuals in September 2009.

My interviewer asked me meaningless questions all while wearing an uncomfortably inappropriate blouse. It was very akward, to say the least. And i still do not understand how my "favorite food" attributes to me obtaining a position in a cosmetics store.

Interview Questions
    • "what is your favorite food to eat? Would you be bringing it into work?"   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bare Escentuals in December 2008.

After submitting an application, I was called to schedule an interview. This was done within the following days and conducted by the manager of the store. After the interview I was told they liked me and saw potential, but needed to see my sales skills. We scheduled a time to come back for a sale's pitch presentation as me acting like the sales person while the manager was the client and I tried to sell her an eyeshadow kit. I got the job. I was extremely nervous, much more so than if it had been an actual customer and not the manager of course. I tried to just pretend like I already worked there and I honestly did know a lot about the product so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about spending time with fellow employees outside of work-? (like making friends and going out for drinks).   Answer Question
    • It wasn't so much a question but the whole fake sales pitch was pretty difficult if you are not used to that. It was a fantastic learning experience though!   Answer Question