Barkley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barkley in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was absolutely thrilled when I received a call from Barkley. I did not apply, I was recommended by a former designer. A couple of calls were received from a creative director to discuss the job description and projects. After I accepted the interview, an HR rep contacted me to discuss interview dates/times/process. Overall the planning of the interview process was highly organized.

The 1st interview was very laid back. Felt very comfortable, and the interviewee was very relatable. He asked to keep my portfolio, which I was comfortable with. After a couple of days, received a call back from HR to schedule a 2nd interview with another upper management creative. I honestly was not prepared on what to say, but again felt very comfortable and relatable to this person. The questions were not what I expected, it really showed that they need people who are passionate about art and design from its roots. I don't feel that they are set on hiring creatives with experience, rather on their portfolio/work.

My perceptions of the people today are positive. I have not met a person I did not like that I work with. The only downside to the work environment is the noise and chatter. It can get extremely difficult to concentrate in my area.

Interview Question – What drives you in being a successful designer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with the offer of the salary based on my company experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Barkley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barkley Graphic Designer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Barkley employees and interview candidates.