Barkley

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barkley in December 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, had an interview the next week with two members of my current team, very conversational and easy-going interview. Felt good about it.

Negotiation Details – None.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Barkley.

Interview Details – Five rounds of interviews, first phone with future supervisor, then day of interviews with senior managers, then one-on-ones with executive management, then one-on-one with client. Focus of questions were on advertising experience, leadership, retail experience, strategy experience, and client relationships. "Employee-owned" culture leads to "everyone is equal" egalatarian approach to lack of bonuses and benefits.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move to KC   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very rigid on negotiating salary, benefits, vacation time, relo package.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barkley in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was absolutely thrilled when I received a call from Barkley. I did not apply, I was recommended by a former designer. A couple of calls were received from a creative director to discuss the job description and projects. After I accepted the interview, an HR rep contacted me to discuss interview dates/times/process. Overall the planning of the interview process was highly organized.

The 1st interview was very laid back. Felt very comfortable, and the interviewee was very relatable. He asked to keep my portfolio, which I was comfortable with. After a couple of days, received a call back from HR to schedule a 2nd interview with another upper management creative. I honestly was not prepared on what to say, but again felt very comfortable and relatable to this person. The questions were not what I expected, it really showed that they need people who are passionate about art and design from its roots. I don't feel that they are set on hiring creatives with experience, rather on their portfolio/work.

My perceptions of the people today are positive. I have not met a person I did not like that I work with. The only downside to the work environment is the noise and chatter. It can get extremely difficult to concentrate in my area.

Interview Question – What drives you in being a successful designer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with the offer of the salary based on my company experience.

Intern Interview

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Barkley in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview then in person interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Advertising Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barkley in October 2007.

Interview Details – 5 people interviewed me, then the supervisor came in. Had two interviews altogether

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Barkley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barkley interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barkley employees and interview candidates.