Barnard College Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barnard College

Math Help Room Tutor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barnard College.

You need to submit your resume, unofficial transcript and a paragraph describing your interest in this tutor position. You have to complete Calculus I and II in Columbia in order to apply.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because it is an on-campus job.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barnard College in June 2011.

There was one unscheduled phone interview where I was asked some general questions about configuring Linux which lasted about 30 minutes. There was one on-site interview which lasted two hours; for the first hour, I did a technical exam on a Linux laptop, for the second, I met with three current IT employees (a potential coworker in the same position I was interviewing for, his boss, and his boss's boss), and for the third hour, I met with the Director of User Services. A week later, I had a one-hour on-site interview with the VP for IT (boss's boss's boss).

Interview Questions
    • Installing and configure an Apache HTTP Server to serve two name-based virtual hosts without using any online documentation.   View Answer
    • Disable SELinux.   View Answer
    • Create a directory in which every file a user creates has a specified group owner rather than a group owner of the primary GID of the creating user.   View Answer
    I was initially asked what my requirements are. My boss then gave me 10% less than that because 10% is automatically contributed towards retirement.

Worked for Barnard College? Contribute to the Community!