Barnard College Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barnard College

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor and her assistant after completing the online application. I had to call and choose a time slot. The interview took place in a small room within the office the space was intimate and a bit intimidating with the interviewers both sitting across from me. The interview consisted of many situational questions i.e. what would you do if..? howwould you handle..?

Interview Questions

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

There was one unscheduled phone interview where I was asked some general questions about configuring Linux which lasted about 30 minutes. There was one on-site interview which lasted two hours; for the first hour, I did a technical exam on a Linux laptop, for the second, I met with three current IT employees (a potential coworker in the same position I was interviewing for, his boss, and his boss's boss), and for the third hour, I met with the Director of User Services. A week later, I had a one-hour on-site interview with the VP for IT (boss's boss's boss).

Interview Questions

• Installing and configure an Apache HTTP Server to serve two name-based virtual hosts without using any online documentation.   1 Answer
    • Disable SELinux.   1 Answer
    • Create a directory in which every file a user creates has a specified group owner rather than a group owner of the primary GID of the creating user.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially asked what my requirements are. My boss then gave me 10% less than that because 10% is automatically contributed towards retirement.