Barnes Group Interview Questions

2.6

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barnes Group.

Initial conversation through headhunter referred me to Talent Acquisition Specialist who did an informal phone screen. This progressed into a personality assessment for the role and conversation with the hiring manager. Process went on for a number of weeks/months.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions, but nothing that was innovative or different from any other interview in the past.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Job offer was made, no flexibility in salary or benefits.

Customer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississippi State, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississippi State, MS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barnes Group in December 2011.

After submitting the online application, a recruiter employed by Barnes will call you to discuss the opportunity and your qualifications. The next step is to meet with the district manager in person and finally, the last step is a phone call with the regional vice president, but the last step is not mandatory

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when the customer was unhappy and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for me, but there is a $500 car allowance/month... I would advise negotiating with them to increase this figure to $700

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barnes Group in October 2009.

I responded to an ad on Career Builder by sending a resume. Within three business days Kristina Lieske (talent aquisition specialist) whome was located in Cleveland contacted me. We set up a phone interview for the following day at 9:00am. It took about 45 minutes and was rather easy. The next step was a ride along with a Sales/Service rep in the Southeastern Wi area. The ride along happened two days after the phone interview and required the first half of my day and a sick call in to the current employer. The rep I did the ride along with was a a very honest individual that was completely frustrated with his employer. He did not have much good to say about the company. I went ahead with the next step which was an hour long interview with the Market Place Manager the day following the ride along. This interview went well and was not too difficult either. The following business day Kristina called me and told me the interviewer liked me, but they needed for me to interview with the Regional VP. They wanted me to drive to Deerfield Il (1 hour and 15 minutes from Milwaukee) because he would not come to Milwaukee. He was not flexible at all. The interview had to be at noon in Deerfield on this particular day. I was now under suspicion with the current employer and driving to Deerfield in the middle of the day. This interview was short. Probably about 25 minutes and he then told me Kristina would be contacting me by the end of the day. Never heard anything from that day on. Left a couple of voice mails per person in the process as well as emails to Kristina who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I am sure that there behavior with the interview process is very representative of how they treat there own employees. The whole process did open my eyes to how fortunate I am with my current employer (a successful 40 person local business). I am no longer job hunting.

CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barnes Group in October 2009.

Phone interview and online test to see if you have the apptitude to sell. Follow up with traveling with a rep to see what life is like on the road.

None

Chief Executive Officer Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barnes Group in May 2009.

Very good until I met the CEO. Weird. Very odd laugh and not very personable.

Interview Questions
    • Will you look under the bed in hotel rooms for dust bunnies?   View Answer
    • Will you spy on employees for me? You know, track their whereabouts?   View Answer

The man was creepy.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barnes Group.

Hiring Manager and Phone interview

Benchmarks for sales people

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barnes Group in December 2010.

applied through college website
    interviewed with engineering manager, lasted 5 minutes
    couple weeks later received offer

no negociations took place

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barnes Group in July 2010.

Got a call from Barnes off my resume. Did a phone interview. Then one on one with a manager.
    Did not think the culture was for me. But the company seems stable and if you think you can keep up with the Sales numbers then it is a good job.

Interview Questions

Did not think I would be able to keep up with the cold calling an territory was really far from home.

Lean Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Barnes Group in April 2010.

All the interviews that I had were on the phone. Started first with HR and the initial screen. Once that was complete, it was on to an interview of the director of the program. More of a historical interview. I talked a lot of my resume and my accomplishments.

The next interview was with an operations manager for one of their facilities. Very good experience and learned more about what the expectations of these managers are for participants in the program.

Last interview was a phone interview with the Corporate Director for Lean. Again very professional. The think that threw me for a loop was the fact that they ask if I could start the next week for training. I think it would have been an awesome program to be a part of but the timing didn't work out for me.

Interview Questions

Thought I would have a little more input on location. Not so lucky.