Barnes & Noble Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

#Several interviews, Peer, Store Manager and District Manager

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions, P&L experience, number of direct reports, handling irate or difficult customers, goal setting, meeting goals   Answer Question
No negotiation, this is the offer, will usually have some small opportunity for negotiation. Internal hires no opportuity - at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2012.

I was hired into the position internally and interviewed with the Store Manager and District Manger. An external candidate would have 1-2 more interviews with other Store Managers or Assistant Store Mangers.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barnes & Noble in October 2010.

This company will have you interview with a few highly experienced Store Managers to asses your skill set. All interviews were professional and to the point. The managers conducting the interview were always prepared and well informed of which position you are applying for. The application process is communicated and organized well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bergen, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bergen, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barnes & Noble in October 2010.

Promoted from within to a management position. I was already doing the job I was hired for essentially, so the interview process was rather short and sweet.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself with the company in the next 5 years?   View Answer