Barnes & Noble Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in July 2014.

Process took 13 Days
    I applied on a Wednesday. I really wanted the job so I called the next day to make sure they got my application. I got a call that Sunday from the manager. We did and over the phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. I was then asked to come in for a one on one interview the very next day.
    I came in and met with the assistant manager. She was very kind and we sat in the café. It was a very informal interview. She asked me general questions, nothing to difficult. At the end she told me I had gotten the second interview, and that I just had to wait for them to call and schedule it. I got a call that Wednesday and went for the interview the following Thursday. It lasted about 30 minutes. More generic questions like how have you dealt with an angry customer.
    I got a call that Monday offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but some barnes and nobles do a review every few months where you are eligible for a raise

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

I was contacted by the store manager the day after I filled out an application and we set up an interview for a few days later. About two days after my interview, she called to offer me the job and I accepted. It was an easy process.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you see as some of your liabilities as an employee?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation on seasonal hourly pay.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2009.

It was a long and winding road. Everyone was great except for the DM (north Atlanta market). Unprofessional and clueless.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question but unexpected conversation from a store manager who I interviewed with that disclosed that she was interviewing me for her postition because she knew she was about to be fired.   View Answer

Book Seller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

I was incredibly lucky with this interview. I had been looking for a job for a few weeks and decided the local Barnes&Noble would be a good choice. I went in up to the information desk to ask for an application. Turns out I asked the manager and as he handed it to me he told me to bring it back to him personally as soon as I had filled it out. I brought it back and he immediately brought me in for the interview. They didn't have any positions available at the time but he told me he would contact me when they did. After a couple months I had given up but I got a call saying they wanted me in as soon as I could.

Interview Questions
    • I've never liked the question of tell me about yourself. I hadn't mastered the ability to sell myself at that point and I didn't know what might be important and what might be trivial information. It would be easier answering more focused questions such as what is your level of education or what do you do in your spare time.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation it was my first job and it was for a part time hourly employee, not much wiggle room.

BE Patient Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in April 2009.

It is not going to happen over night. They want to make sure they get the right people in and most everyone stay for the long haul.

Interview Questions
    Be patient...great company to work for!!

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!