Barnes & Noble

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mansfield, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in August 2008.

Interview Details – You first have an interview with the store manager if you are interviewing for a management position, then you will go onto a peer interview at another store, then an interview with the DM. Interview is very simple, not aggressive.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions, they ask about your manager experience, situations you have dealt with. what kind of books you read, who your favorite author is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't negotiating, they base your pay off your experience and that's that.

Very Easy Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in April 2011.

Interview Details – Resume was submitted online, heard promptly back from Assistant Store Manager. Had a short phone interview reviewing my qualifications and work history. Set up interview with ASM. Interview took place in the Cafe and seemed unorganized. ASM was extremely interested in previous job skills that would be helpful in these position. Lasted approx. 1 hour. Set up 2nd interview with SM. More of the same, general questions about job skills. Specific questions regarding what I could bring to the job, challenges as I perceived them.

Interview Question – Wanted to know what specifically I thought I needed to learn to be able to be successful in the position   Answer Question

Cafe Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in March 2007.

Interview Details – It was a routine phone and in person interview. The regular situation questions asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I got offered the amount I asked for.

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!