Barnes & Noble

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palmdale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in March 2010.

Interview Details – All hiring process is done online. Best times to consider a in store position is prior to major holiday times. Food and cafe skills are always being demanded in the store.

Interview Question – What would you do if your position no longer existed one day?   View Answer

Burlington, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in July 2013.

Interview Details – Took about 4 phone interviews. I applied while living in another state. Some interviews were basic scenario qa and others were role playing a sales scenario or a nook product.

Interview Question – Didn't have any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically I wanted to negotiate the wage, however based off what HR would give I had to just accept what they were willing to give. It's based off sales volume to some degree.

Digital Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview Details – You will want to talk about how "passionate" you are about this job. You will be asked a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions, so be prepared for that. Stay extremely optimistic about this job during the interview and be overly excited. Talk about how you aren't afraid to approach people to make sales.

Interview Question – The "tell me a time when..." questions are always difficult, so have a story already lined up in your head.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

White Center, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was a job fair for Barnes & Noble which I attended. There were three hiring managers present, one from three separate locations: Westwood, Southcenter, and Federal Way. There was a long line where you would meet with an employee who would scan through your application for any errors before placing you into another line for one of the three managers. During the interview the manager asked about the things that I wrote onto my application. She also asked me about any information I knew on their Nook products. After discussing all I knew about the Nooks, the interview finished. I received a call several days later from the manager asking me to come in for a second interview which I accepted.

The second interview was held with the head manager and once again asked me questions about the Nooks. I knew technical information as well as information about their operating system. We eventually ended up talking about things off topic but he also offered me a job.

Interview Question – They will ask you questions about the Nook.   View Answer

Digital Sales Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was a Head Cashier and my boss wanted me to be the DSL. I was the best seller of Memberships in our store as well as the district. I took a lot of convincing of the District manager, but they finally agreed to an interview and it went great

Interview Question – How do you see the store developing into embracing Digital?   Answer Question

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!