Barnes & Noble

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Barnes & Noble.

The interview was semi-formal and took about 30 minutes. Was asked about my background with retail/school/interests. Got the offer a few days later. Trained for a few days then started on the floor.

Interview Questions
  • None really. The store manager asked about my favorite college coursework and what types of books i was into.   Answer Question
Was offered a little higher salary than minimum wage due to my age and college degree.

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Lead Bookseller Interview

I filled out an application and then was called in for an interview. The lady who interviewed me was very nice in explaining what my job would entail and I was satisfied. I've been happily employed for over ten years at the same location. I would recommend working for the company to anyone who would like to work with books and meet and interact with intelligent people.