Barnes & Noble Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in December 2010.

The hiring process was great for this company. The interviewers were really nice

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2009.

I interviewed with one of the Assistant Manager of the store. It was a formal interview done in her office. She asked me to introduce myself and tell her why I wanted to work at this specific store. I explain to her that the main reason was the proximite. As a student at the university, I was able to work in the campus bookstore part time while going to school.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you handle a angry customer and how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in December 2009.

To my knowledge Barnes and Noble is one of few retailers that use paper applications. After filling out one, I handed it off to an employee and was contacted that same day for an interview. I went through two separate interviews. The first one consisted of a store manager and associate asking me pretty basic questions. I was asked why barnes and noble, previous experience and how do I work in certain situations. A specific question was give an example of a time you were given a task that you were unable to complete, how did you handle it? The second interview was with the head manager and consisted of the same type of questions. It was a very laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a project deadline you could not meet and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in September 2008.

Was walking through the store and needed a job. The store seemed well kept, so I figured I would apply to supplement the college income. Turned out they were looking for sales positions. I submitted an application to the manager...she reviewed it on the spot and asked if I was willing to interview immediately. I felt I had nothing to lose so I did. About a week went by past the date that I was told I would be informed of the outcome and had not yet been informed so I called and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me three of your strengths and three of your weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you failed? How did you resolve this?   Answer Question