Barnes & Noble Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Was pretty easy, practical except a full onsite for a technical recruiter interview. The interview with the team was pretty practical, felt like with a team member brainstorming and not too judgmental. The hiring manager who was pushed out later was pretty arrogant and undermining in every way. OR arrogant.

Interview Questions
  • How do to handle caching situations in a environments with multiple class versions ?   Answer Question
Pretty straight forward and the technical recruiter had a pretty good bargain without much effort for bargaining.

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Barnes & Noble in February 2010.

Project manager, architect and Sr. developer came together to take the interview.
    this was the only technical interview,so far I faced in my career, where there was no single question asked about technology(C++,ATL,MFC).
    they were asking me about the my previous projects. They were looking for somebody who did work on WTL.I explained my projects how I did it.

after the interview I got a call from recruiter that they would like to hire me for the position asked me about my availability. after that recruiter kept on postponing the about further proceedings. ...dint know what happened.

Interview Questions
    • I have used WTL in one of my projects. asked me why did I use that.   Answer Question

Worked for Barnes & Noble? Contribute to the Community!