Barney & Barney

Barney & Barney Interview Questions

2.2

Client Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Barney & Barney in February 2014.

I applied online and received a call from an HR Recruiter a few days later. I then went to the Aliso Viejo office a few days later for an interview. The interview took about an hour and was rather painless. The company had just become affiliated with Marsh and they were also undergoing training for a new agency management system. I was told that all of the training would take place in San Diego. A lot of changes going on at the company. I followed up with HR about 3 weeks later, waited another week, and then I received an email back stating that they offered the position to another person. The end.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about prioritizing your work when you are working with multiple people?   Answer Question

Commercial Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barney & Barney in April 2012.

Applied on the USD job board and then was scheduled a phone interview. After that I went to the office and met with the HR department. They asked a lot of questions but there wasn't any overly difficult. Nicole Freeman, the HR rep, said she would get back to me within a week and it took two months for me to have to call her and find out that the position had been filled.

Desktop Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Barney & Barney in July 2010.

Recruiter found me. First phone interview was easy; Second phone interview was very job specific, kind of hard; 2 additional in-person interviews, one of which was a panel. i had to come back for the 4th interview because the managing principal was on vacation for a month. after 4 interviews, they told me i was the one for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between a Section Break and a Page Break.
      Define Pantone.
      What are the important features of a MS Theme/Stye sheet.
      Walk through the steps of inserting a linked Excel spreadsheet that is using an external data source; without breaking the link to the source.

Answer Question
    Not really

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barney & Barney in April 2010.

This company was interviewing for sales associates for their new branch located in Aliso Viejo. I found them through my schools career fair and gave them my resume. I received a call for an on campus interview. In the interview I was asked a few things about team building and if I would be fine with commission based salary. The interview was rather quick and easy.