Barneys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY).

Interview

4 interviews standard questions - HR, Cosmetics managers, Counter manager and Lead makeup artist ..floor test... then did not get the job, they hired from with in the store. I was informed by letter in the mail.

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (Central Valley, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The assistant manager was very nice.. He liked that I made eye contact and had good posture. You will be asked basic interview questions. Definitely ask them questions. He also explained how everything in the store goes.

Interview Questions

• Out of all designer stores why did you choose Barneys?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call two days later asking when I would be able to come in for an interview. Came to the interview the office was very nice. Interviewed with 2 HR managers. Very nice. Said they would show my resume to the department mangers and I would hear back in a week

Store Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barneys.

Interview

HR emailed me to ask me for an interview, Interviewed in person at the corporate offices. Was called back 2 days to notify me that I was awarded the position.

Interview Questions

• None, just asked about my student status and computer programs that I could use.   1 Answer

In Store Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and went checked in with receptionist HR asked if i could fill out application and if i had resume with three references. I replied yes she said fill it out place resume and references in the application booklet and bring back when I'm finished and wait to be called. I waited shortly and meet with recruitment Coordinator she was very friendly, warm and engaging. She asked me a lot questions and ask me to walk me through my professional history. The interview lasted for a lil while and at the end she thanked me for coming in and gave me her card. She said that she would share my application with different department managers and see what they say. She said i wpuld hear back in a week. I waited and got a phone call to come in to a second interview with department manager. The department manager was warm friendly and engaging asked me a lot of questions about my skills and professional experience. Then thanked me for coming in and said i should hear a decision within a week onc e my references check out. It took a little while because they had difficulty getting a hold of one of my references but i provided another reference waited another week. Then finally got the call that they loved me at the interview and thought i would be a good fit for the company. So she said the job is mine if i wanted it and offer me a different position as an Expeditor that is full-time position with benefits even hough I applied for a In store Teller position all in all i was happy

Interview Questions

• How did you're experiences differ at each job you worked at and what skills would you bring to this postion?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Was invited by email for an interview. However, the human ressources coordinator for so unhelpful. Right after the interview I followed up with thank you note then few weeks later I followed up expressing my interest for the job. I would never come to Barneys anymore for interviews, its a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back inviting me for an interview the following week. I got there about 15 minutes prior to my interview and was asked to fill out a paper application. I had an interview with the HR manager, she was very sweet and friendly. She asked me regular thing you would expect your interviewer to ask you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a bad customer service experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barneys.

Interview

Be prepared to answer question by giving specific details. Focus on areas of responsibility and how your skills will benefit the long term strategies of the company. Great fashion sense is a must. This role holds a lot of responsibility since mgt teams are smaller. You must be a well rounded and global thinker. Be prepared to answer specific HR questions.

Interview Questions

• For me the questions were not difficult due to having a strong background in all areas. Questions in regards to coaching are going to be the center of the conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple and normal interview process. Don't over think the process. As long as you know the brands and products as well as have a good skill set you'll be okay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barneys (New York, NY).

Interview

Full disclosure: I had a connection with a VP so my process may not have been the same as everyone else's. I had one interview after contacting the head of the internship program with a resume and cover letter. My interviewer was friendly and engaging--very professional and politically correct. I received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Should I dress fashionably for an interview?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel that I was in a place to negotiate for an internship.