Barracuda Networks

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I had two phone interviews, then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of basic interview questions. Few questions were related to the position, describe a time you had trouble working with a large data and how did you solve it. Describe a time you had to make a quick decision without notify your supervisor. There was a small test with 3 questions at the end to test your knowledge about vLookup and Pivot table. Last questions was a bit tricky.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks.

Hiring and interview process were very misleading. They told me I would make a certain amount of commission on each sale and then within two weeks of being hired the CEO decided to lower the commission for the team I was on by half a point. They pay was already extremely low so had I have been told the commisssion was going to be reduced in two weeks i would not have taken the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked in the interview. My interviewer seemed to not care one way or another about my answers and would simply hire me if I was willing to take such low pay.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate a higher rate based on my experience but never even receieved a call back from my highering manager. He simply ignored my request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in October 2013.

Sent in resume and cover letter to the company and got a quick reply. Asked to come in and talked with an HR member of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the well known port numbers and some other unknown. Networking questions as well..be on your toes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in August 2013.

1to 1 interview, basic technical skills test

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in January 2013.

I was called by the Support Trainer who set up an interview. He then met me and we talked for a few minutes, then he gave me a pre-employment exam. The exam asked basic Linux and Networking questions. I then talked with the hiring manager and filled out some paperwork. They contacted me two days later letting me know that they had an offer letter waiting for me. I started working a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The part of the test that I missed the most questions on was the port to protocol knowledge. Make sure you know basic ports, like 22 is for SSH; 53 is for DNS; etc....   Answer Question
    The VP explained the compensation and advancement structure to me. They have a defined career path which makes sense. They originally offered me a lower hourly rate than what I was expecting but I was able to negotiate a rate that we were both comfortable with - I am newly married so I am glad that I was able to get a little extra than they originally offered.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in August 2011.

Actually, hired during the first visit. After the initial Interview, I was asked if I could stay longer and I met with two other people. I'm guessing if you are done after the first interview, you may be competing with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Will be asked about Linux CLI commands - extensively   View Answer
    If you have some need for time off in the future, specify this need during the negotiation phase. They do not allow time off without pay so you need PTO or any time off is not approved.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in May 2011.

I was recommended by a friend. A small coding challenge led to an hour long interview. It was with my would be boss, a would-be coworker, the VP of engineering, and another engineer. It wasn't too technically difficult.

Interview Questions
    • If I recall correctly, it was to fix a broken sorting algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in April 2011.

Found out about the job from a craigslist post. Emailed my resume. Interview process consisted of one face to face interview with a technical support team leader who vetted my technical background. Followed by meeting with VP of technical support to negotiate terms of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Probably questions about details of TCP handshake process.   Answer Question
    The VP wanted to know what my current salary was, and then he offered me $1 more per hour, plus benefits (medical, vacation, etc). When I expressed unhappiness with the offer, he increased to $3 / hour over my current pay, and I accepted.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in December 2010.

Manager was very respectful, professional and made the expectations of the position interviewed for very clear.

Interview Questions
    • What is your relevant experience   View Answer
    • how confident are you that you will be successful in this position   View Answer
    Fair and straight forward

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in February 2010.

Company had a pier contact who was a screener and not involved in hiring at all, and was the only contact given. Company acted excited and interviewed me all the way up to V.P. of Sales. Even that person seemed excited during interview, problem became where to place me. When discussing available positions, came to realize that the job advertised did not exist. They were were hoping to grow the business to the point of creating the job. I was over qualified for everything else, by far. So when it was realized that they could not park me due to the expense until the job was created, I literally heard nothing back from them. No responses to requests for follow-up, no courtesy call after all of the frenzy of shot gunning me through extensive interviews all in a short period of time. Not even a response to my email and phone inquiries after the excitement they projected at getting me in front of all of the "right" people. They took each interview and grew it by over an hour past expected time, asking if they could bring more people down, that the fit was perfect, etc. Then POOF! not a word.

A very young and aggressive company. They look like a lot of fun to work for, but their level of professionalism with outside professionals, needs a lot of work. They have to remember, it is a small world, that same person may end up working for a direct customer, or for a reseller who makes the decisions. We all remember...