Barracuda Networks Interview Questions in Campbell, CA

Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Interview

I had two phone interviews, then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of basic interview questions. Few questions were related to the position, describe a time you had trouble working with a large data and how did you solve it. Describe a time you had to make a quick decision without notify your supervisor. There was a small test with 3 questions at the end to test your knowledge about vLookup and Pivot table. Last questions was a bit tricky.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process were very misleading. They told me I would make a certain amount of commission on each sale and then within two weeks of being hired the CEO decided to lower the commission for the team I was on by half a point. They pay was already extremely low so had I have been told the commisssion was going to be reduced in two weeks i would not have taken the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked in the interview. My interviewer seemed to not care one way or another about my answers and would simply hire me if I was willing to take such low pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate a higher rate based on my experience but never even receieved a call back from my highering manager. He simply ignored my request.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Sent in resume and cover letter to the company and got a quick reply. Asked to come in and talked with an HR member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Many of the well known port numbers and some other unknown. Networking questions as well..be on your toes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

1to 1 interview, basic technical skills test

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was called by the Support Trainer who set up an interview. He then met me and we talked for a few minutes, then he gave me a pre-employment exam. The exam asked basic Linux and Networking questions. I then talked with the hiring manager and filled out some paperwork. They contacted me two days later letting me know that they had an offer letter waiting for me. I started working a week later.

Interview Questions

• The part of the test that I missed the most questions on was the port to protocol knowledge. Make sure you know basic ports, like 22 is for SSH; 53 is for DNS; etc....   Answer Question

Negotiation

The VP explained the compensation and advancement structure to me. They have a defined career path which makes sense. They originally offered me a lower hourly rate than what I was expecting but I was able to negotiate a rate that we were both comfortable with - I am newly married so I am glad that I was able to get a little extra than they originally offered.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Actually, hired during the first visit. After the initial Interview, I was asked if I could stay longer and I met with two other people. I'm guessing if you are done after the first interview, you may be competing with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Will be asked about Linux CLI commands - extensively   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have some need for time off in the future, specify this need during the negotiation phase. They do not allow time off without pay so you need PTO or any time off is not approved.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend. A small coding challenge led to an hour long interview. It was with my would be boss, a would-be coworker, the VP of engineering, and another engineer. It wasn't too technically difficult.

Interview Questions

• If I recall correctly, it was to fix a broken sorting algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people, a lead tech and the manager. The lead tech portion was what you would expect, about your knowledge and experience. The manager portion was a whole horse and pony show about how you get raises and advance in position, through a series of tests and learning new products. It's nice to have it all spelled out but it's absolutely rigid, there is no flexibility. Plus, the manager, when he gave it, gave the impression that he gave that speech (with illustrations!) very, very frequently, which is an indicator of high turnover.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect in salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you either accept their offer or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Found out about the job from a craigslist post. Emailed my resume. Interview process consisted of one face to face interview with a technical support team leader who vetted my technical background. Followed by meeting with VP of technical support to negotiate terms of employment.

Interview Questions

• Probably questions about details of TCP handshake process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The VP wanted to know what my current salary was, and then he offered me $1 more per hour, plus benefits (medical, vacation, etc). When I expressed unhappiness with the offer, he increased to $3 / hour over my current pay, and I accepted.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks (Campbell, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Manager was very respectful, professional and made the expectations of the position interviewed for very clear.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience   1 Answer
    • how confident are you that you will be successful in this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair and straight forward