Barracuda Networks

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barracuda Networks in May 2013.

Interview Details – They called me the day after I submitted my resume and brought me in two days later. I met the interviewer (the support supervisor), he asked some regular employer type questions, then he had me take a test about linux and networking.

Interview Question – I bombed the DNS record portion of the test. Know you DNS records.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't really a negotiation phase for the entry level tech support openings.

Campbell, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Barracuda Networks in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1to 1 interview, basic technical skills test

Business Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Barracuda Networks

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, then an in-person interview.

Interview Question – A lot of basic interview questions. Few questions were related to the position, describe a time you had trouble working with a large data and how did you solve it. Describe a time you had to make a quick decision without notify your supervisor. There was a small test with 3 questions at the end to test your knowledge about vLookup and Pivot table. Last questions was a bit tricky.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Support Representative

Interviewed at Barracuda Networks

Interview Details – 3 hours and call back in 2hrs - HIRED!

Interview Question – nothing all is easy about networking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $18 take it or leave it!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Campbell, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barracuda Networks.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process were very misleading. They told me I would make a certain amount of commission on each sale and then within two weeks of being hired the CEO decided to lower the commission for the team I was on by half a point. They pay was already extremely low so had I have been told the commisssion was going to be reduced in two weeks i would not have taken the job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked in the interview. My interviewer seemed to not care one way or another about my answers and would simply hire me if I was willing to take such low pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate a higher rate based on my experience but never even receieved a call back from my highering manager. He simply ignored my request.

Technical Support Representative
Campbell, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barracuda Networks in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in resume and cover letter to the company and got a quick reply. Asked to come in and talked with an HR member of the team.

Interview Question – Many of the well known port numbers and some other unknown. Networking questions as well..be on your toes.   View Answer

QA Engineer In Test Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barracuda Networks in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by an in-house recruiter through LinkedIn, and from there I had 2 phone interviews before an in-person interview. The phone interviews were not particularly technical, but focused more on my experience, what the job would be like, and what Barracuda was like.
About two days before the in-person interview, they asked me to see what I could pick up about two languages I had told them I had no familiarity with; doing well in this is what got me the job despite my lack of experience. They asked programming questions, as well as questions like 'how would you test this feature?'. I didn't find anything especially tricky, and i never felt bad saying 'I don't know'.

Interview Question – They asked me about testing terms I had never heard, like 'what is a race condition, and how do you test for it?'.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt I had no room to negotiate because I had no QA experience and very little software experience in general. So they gave me an offer that was better than other's I thought I was more suited for, and I accepted.

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Campbell, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barracuda Networks in August 2011.

Interview Details – Actually, hired during the first visit. After the initial Interview, I was asked if I could stay longer and I met with two other people. I'm guessing if you are done after the first interview, you may be competing with other candidates.

Interview Question – Will be asked about Linux CLI commands - extensively   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you have some need for time off in the future, specify this need during the negotiation phase. They do not allow time off without pay so you need PTO or any time off is not approved.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Barracuda Networks.

Interview Details – During the interview process, which was quite awhile ago- I spoke with the HR Director followed by another member of the team.

Interview Question – IT was a pretty straight forward questioning process. No questions were out of the blue or unexpected. Mostly about my experience etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasnt one- I accepted the offer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barracuda Networks.

Interview Details – I had a short phone interview with HR as the first step. Once I passed that they set up an interview in their ann arbor, mi office. Interview was about 1 hour long. There were 2 interviewers that asked me personality and work experience questions. One of the interviewers stepped out and the other asked me technical questions in mySQL and perl. Gave me an interview question that was to design a sql database for a scenario and create methods in perl to connect to the database and return specific query data. Databases were a little complex, similar to higher level text book scenarios. Interview overall went pretty well. I wrote thank you emails the next day. I didn't hear back right away and emailed a few days later. I got a response back from one of the interviewers stating that they choose another candidate. The HR ended up responding back a few weeks later and wanted to schedule another interview because the position opened again. I already had a job at that point so I didn't follow up again.

Interview Question – The sql questions went over all of the different joins (inner, left, right, full) asking which one to use in provided examples. Creating tables with multiple primary keys and other advanced sql.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barracuda Networks

Worked for Barracuda Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barracuda Networks interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barracuda Networks employees and interview candidates.