Barracuda Networks

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Barracuda Networks.

I had a short phone interview with HR as the first step. Once I passed that they set up an interview in their ann arbor, mi office. Interview was about 1 hour long. There were 2 interviewers that asked me personality and work experience questions. One of the interviewers stepped out and the other asked me technical questions in mySQL and perl. Gave me an interview question that was to design a sql database for a scenario and create methods in perl to connect to the database and return specific query data. Databases were a little complex, similar to higher level text book scenarios. Interview overall went pretty well. I wrote thank you emails the next day. I didn't hear back right away and emailed a few days later. I got a response back from one of the interviewers stating that they choose another candidate. The HR ended up responding back a few weeks later and wanted to schedule another interview because the position opened again. I already had a job at that point so I didn't follow up again.

Interview Questions
  • The sql questions went over all of the different joins (inner, left, right, full) asking which one to use in provided examples. Creating tables with multiple primary keys and other advanced sql.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barracuda Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in March 2011.

So I know a guy that works there an he told me the engr manager in Atlanta was full of himself and had a big ego. But I thought I would still give it a try. The first phone screen was followed up by a phone interview, same day. Basic software questions C++, Python, SQL. But after that everything took 2 or more weeks to more forward plus it was always me who had to push them to doing anything. Next was VP phone interview then 3 weeks later for in office interview. Good cross section of questions from process ctrl to OOP followed by some SQL. Ending with the QA manager who asked QA type questions. Next wait 2 more weeks, then I ask for some feedback but was told they are still thinking it over. They're too slow. Total time over 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a python class, followed by some general OO stuff.   View Answer
    • Describe a thread pool and how a state machine operates .   View Answer

They took to long to make up their minds so I made it for them.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in April 2012.

Entire process was very quick and painless. I sent in my resume and heard back the same day. They scheduled a phone interview for the following week.

The phone interview lasted around 1 hour and involved coding on a shared online whiteboard. Nice group of questions revolving around system-level programming and general CS theory. After the questions, the interviewer asked me if I would fly out to Campbell for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview lasted around 4 hours plus a 1 hour lunch. There were 4 separate interviews (3 with engineering directors, 1 with VP). Two of the interviewers took me out for lunch. Another nice group of questions involving system-level programming, network theory/programming, and general CS theory. They made me an offer before I left.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was also painless. Ask for what you want, but be realistic.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in November 2011.

Recruiters are very poorly coordinated and give misinformation (I was told an interview would be an hour and it ended up being 3 hours). Met with VP who presented their products and technologies, group interview with two engineers. Two more phone interviews a week later with two team leaders.

Low salary, minimal benefits, no equity, no relocation.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Barracuda Networks in November 2009.

I applied to the company during career fair in the university campus. They contacted me a month later. They asked questions ranging from sorting to network theory. They also test knowledge of makefiles, dynamic programming, OS fundamentals. They also tested knowledge of statistics. There were total of 4 people, and afterward, vice manager came and told me how the company operates and why I should work for them. They told me that they will inform me about the result at most a week later. But they did not inform me about the result. They did not event send a mail stating that I am rejected. It has been 5 months.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a 45 degree rotated square on command screen in C.   Answer Question