Barrett Business Services

Updated Dec 17, 2014

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barrett Business Services

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barrett Business Services.

Interview

There was a phone screen, 1:1 interview, an interview with corporate HR director and then a meet and greet with the office staff. The HR Director was the only person that offered up a true interview experience. Every other interview was very much "fly by the seat of your pants". Also, they completely misrepresented how much work comp claim management is involved.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I'm glad I did because there is no room for negotiating once the job is accepted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barrett Business Services (Ontario, CA).

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. The first one was with the recruiter, then the Director of HR, and then the Branch Manager and a Business Partner. The recruiter was misleading in the type of work environment and the Branch Manager was very unprofessional by being really late to the interview. I was left to interview with someone that I had no idea who she was or position in the company. He also made inappropriate jokes in the interview.

Interview Questions

• The HR Director asked a good question. She asked when or if I'd ever lost my cool at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, the position's rate was negotiable, but I should've asked for higher. Their benefits are very expensive and they only reimburse mileage at 31 cents a mile.

General Labor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Barrett Business Services in October 2012.

Interview

Process was simple but time consuming. Like any other agency, be prepare to take a drug test and spend two to three hours there. Call before you go in, they won't take you during none interviewing days. Take any certification that you have. Also, two forms of identification and social security card are required. Keep calling them because they will forget that you need a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Agency, one day here and two days in other warehouse. Dissapointing

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barrett Business Services (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I got a voice message asking whether I was interested in the job. I called back and said I was interested. I was than told to show up at the Wal-Mart we were to work at. There was a group of about 20 people at the appointed time. First the sales guy from Barrett Business Services ran through what we were going to do.We than we were given applications to fill out and given a drug test using our saliva. Everyone that passed (including myself) were than given a tour of Wal-Mart and told what we were to wear to the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in working at the ---- Wal-Mart or the ----- Wal-Mart, gas wise and travel time.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Barrett Business Services in December 2008.

Interview

The interview was concise and to the point. It consisted of a brief telephone interview which led to a face-to-face interview that lasted approx. 2 hrs. A second meeting took place to confirm my interest level and understanding of the position. Another interview (telephone) took place with a member of the Corp. HR staff. A formal offer of employment was extended thereafter. Upon acceptance of the offer, a drug screen and background criminal check was conducted. Employment began 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• What were my feelings about sales being a component of the job?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a valid driver's license/reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a salary that kept me in line with what I was currently earning so as not to lose any compensation with a job transfer. Do you research to determine the current market rate that is paid by the job you are applying for both for the industry your will be working in and the position. That will ensure that you are being paid at a value commesurate with your peers.