Barrick Goldstrike

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Barrick Goldstrike

Interview Details – Fast, straightforward, both technical, personality, safety questions.

Interview Question – How do you approach an older employee and tell them the right way to do a specific job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable, the phase was fast, roughly a week long process.

Underground Miner Interview

Underground Miner

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Barrick Goldstrike.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out...I called EVERY week

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation...Just job.

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Barrick Goldstrike.

Interview Details – went through a headhunter who really knew what they were looking for. had several phone interviews with headhunter. was flown to Elko and met with management. Very laid back and pleasant interview. Had to do drug testing and such.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Controls Interview

Project Controls

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Barrick Goldstrike in April 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call to see if I was still interested/available for the position and to set up a time for a phone interview with a group (two managers and HR employee). Phone interview was set up for the next day. Interview began with a more detailed description of the job requirements and general duties. Initial questions were geared toward how I would feel about the job, analysis of my resume, etc. Further in, however, the questions were scenario situations with vague direction. I could tell they were looking for specific answers, but the questions were so general it was very hit and miss. (Also note this is an entry level position straight out of college).

Overall it was a difficult interview, partly because of scenario questions where I really felt each answer should be "It depends on the circumstances." but also because the interview was conducted via conference call & speaker phone so it was sometimes difficult to hear everything.

Interview Question – How would you manage your time if you have a project with no deadline?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Barrick Goldstrike? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barrick Goldstrike interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Barrick Goldstrike employees and interview candidates.