Barrick Goldstrike

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.2

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Barrick Goldstrike.

Met a recruiter at a career fair on the university's campus. Barrick was holding mock-interviews in preparation for full interviews the following day.

The interview was performed by a recruiter and lasted about 75 minutes. It was mostly behavioral. They asked why I'd chosen my major and why I wanted to work at the mines. A few safety and personality questions were mixed with the typical previous experience inquiries.

The overall feeling was extremely amicable and professional. The interviewer was personable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    Interns don't really have many chips with which they can negotiate.

Process Engineer Interview

interviewed at Barrick Goldstrike in October 2014.

awsome co super easy interview .was part of the family right away,, should have asked more questions, like where will i get picked up at how do you eat ..bring lunch or can you get it at the mine site ect

Interview Questions
    • didnt have any difficult questions just tell it like is never buull crap anyone it will bite you later   Answer Question
    none

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Fast, straightforward, both technical, personality, safety questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach an older employee and tell them the right way to do a specific job?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, the phase was fast, roughly a week long process.

Underground Miner Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Barrick Goldstrike.

Long and drawn out...I called EVERY week

No negotation...Just job.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Barrick Goldstrike.

went through a headhunter who really knew what they were looking for. had several phone interviews with headhunter. was flown to Elko and met with management. Very laid back and pleasant interview. Had to do drug testing and such.

Project Controls Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Barrick Goldstrike in April 2011.

I received a phone call to see if I was still interested/available for the position and to set up a time for a phone interview with a group (two managers and HR employee). Phone interview was set up for the next day. Interview began with a more detailed description of the job requirements and general duties. Initial questions were geared toward how I would feel about the job, analysis of my resume, etc. Further in, however, the questions were scenario situations with vague direction. I could tell they were looking for specific answers, but the questions were so general it was very hit and miss. (Also note this is an entry level position straight out of college).

Overall it was a difficult interview, partly because of scenario questions where I really felt each answer should be "It depends on the circumstances." but also because the interview was conducted via conference call & speaker phone so it was sometimes difficult to hear everything.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage your time if you have a project with no deadline?   View Answer