Barry Callebaut Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.4

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Barry Callebaut.

HR Rep did most of the talking, and was not familiar with the maintenance required to relate my skills to the position

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eddystone, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eddystone, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Barry Callebaut in May 2012.

The Staffing Agency gave me a call. An set a date for interview with the Plant Manager an HR person.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no hard questions due to the high turnover of employees.   Answer Question
    Have a open mind that you are there to get a new start if you have been out of work for sometime.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online - interviewed at Barry Callebaut in May 2014.

The recruitment process was clear and fast, I sent the CV via Linkedin and the HR called me after only 3 days from my application, in a very efficient nice and clear way the recruiter explained me the process, 3 steps: First a TC, then 2 F2F interviews with the HR and with the Hiring Managers.
    The Telephone interview was really easy general info like: Background, motivation and salary expectation, the F2F interviews were very well structured, the questions were very specific and based on my professional and current experience

Interview Questions
    • Competency behaviour interview questions
      Both Managers and the Recruiter asked for specific examples on specific working hard situations
      I had to be clear and really detailed !!!
        View Answer

Indirect Spend Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Barry Callebaut in December 2013.

I applied online and the process took around one month. As I was in another country I made two interviews by phone. Unfortunately after two weeks they informed me that they chose another candidate, but three days later they contacted me and informed that another position was opened. I made a third interview by phone and the next day they gave me a answer.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a business case to see how you act and if you have experience. It was a very interesting interview.   Answer Question
    They made an offer based on what I expected.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barry Callebaut.

- Relatively informal process with little structure
    - Accommodating and flexible re salary
    - Interactive rounds with opportunity to tour company

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barry Callebaut.

Easy to land an interview, but with tough questions on the know how

Interview Questions
    • Question like what are your weaknesses , growth in coming years and questions related to problem solving and people skills.   Answer Question

Treasury Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Barry Callebaut.

Initial contact was with a firm hired by the company. I had to pass several tests before even going physically to the company for the interview
    Questions were fair and direct but the conversation did not reflect what i had expected once on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Some other company might want to hire you in 2 years. What would you do?   Answer Question
    I did not really negotiate. I advise others to do so in order to get the best deal possible.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Phone interview and face to face interview.
    The phone interview was technical. It was well structured and in a polite context.
    However, the face to face interview was a complete disappointment. Very aggressive attitude and in a couple of cases even ironic. Very few information was provided and the whole discussion was about how hard we should be working. A meaningless interview and bad behaviour especially from the senior manager in the room.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprises or challenges. Mostly a pointless discussion with little insight.   View Answer

Worked for Barry Callebaut? Contribute to the Community!