Barry-Wehmiller

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.7

Project Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in August 2014.

3 sets of interviews. The first interview was over the phone with a hiring coordinator. Very simple personality questions, such as "greatest strength, weakness, tell me about yourself etc.." 2nd round was with a financial analyst over the phone whom I will be reporting to. Personality questions as well as experience on the previous job. 3rd interview was with a project manager, a director and an analyst. 3rd interview was mostly to meet the team and see if I fit within.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer and I quickly accepted.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clayton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller.

Pretty straightforward: phone interview followed by interview in their office. I was interviewed by the department manager and two of his underlings.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you what you want to make instead of telling you what the job pays. They're hoping your number is lower than what they're willing to offer, thus saving them money.   View Answer

Bilingual Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in February 2009.

It was very quick. I applied through the companies website (where I found the vacancy) and received a response from the HR department in 2-3 days. My interivew was set up within 2 weeks of initial contact since the senior executives were out of the office. The interview went great. First I spoke to the HR representative, then to the CEO and 3 other major executives. They were very nice to speak to and engaged in small talk especially the CEO who attempted to speak Spanish with me. They all seemed to be very easily approachable, open and easy to speak to and I felt very comfortable. From what I gathered they are a very people (employee) oriented organization and they have a very inclusive workspace. Many associates learn each others duties to back eachother up and be cross-functional. The office was really nice as well, it is smaller (about 3 floors or so) but very pretty with an open atrium and lots of plants and flowers (looked like a small oasis). The office is located in the hart of Clayton.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you considering leaving your present place of employment?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in February 2013.

Interview was scheduled and completed professionally. There were five rounds of discussion. For my position, there was a round with all discipline heads as well as the Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such unexpected or difficult to answer questions.   Answer Question
    It went round and round .. but, I got convinced though the target shortfell.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in May 2011.

Mainly backgroud and behavior questions. But the working experience might be more important for you to stand out from other candidates

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in September 2010.

Very organised interview process.
    Clear communication provided after individual rounds.
    Very good work culture.

Interview Questions
    Not possible to negotiate with these folks. They already have pinned down a package for you.

Worked for Barry-Wehmiller? Contribute to the Community!