Baruch College Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.4

Student Aide Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baruch College.

There was one face to face employee referral usually from people graduating at the end of the semester for the boss / recruiter to see your face.

Then there is one interview about your experiences with IT, the knowledge base of programs offered by the school and the hours of availability. The entire process is really simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • i did not feel like there was any difficult questions, it was more just answering the questions posed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baruch College.

The interview and hiring process was very professionally done.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baruch College in January 2013.

Referrals. If you know an employee working at the center, his recommendation will highly be appreciated. Apart from that you have to display your understanding of the subject matter under research.

Orientation Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baruch College in January 2012.

Simple enough process. 4 steps.

1. Submit resume to student life. They will call you back if they like what they see and here's your first interview with the director of student life. Very pleasant person.

2. Team interview upstate. They take you upstate with a group of 50 people or so and you perform tasks and various discussions.

3. Group interview at Baruch for all OL applicants. Team building activities.

4. One on one interview with the supervisor, again a very pleasant person.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to go on a cross country trip, who would you bring? (Any person, real or fictional)   View Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baruch College in October 2011.

It went really fast. I got a phone call to set up an interview on Friday, got the interview on Tuesday and was offered the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations really as this was my first job out of college

College Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baruch College in May 2010.

The usual questions, tell me about yourself...Basically you answer questions about the position, the company, your skills, and what you can offer to the company. I was referred by an employee, so the process was shorter than if you apply online and fill out long applications. The manager was very nice during the interview.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baruch College in January 2009.

One phone interview and one on-site interview were needed. Be sure to show the interests in finance, be willing to do researches in finance field and travel among different CUNY campuses.

Interview Questions
    • overall there's no unexpected questions during the interview process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baruch College in August 2008.

There are search committees for almost every full time position. The exception is for part-time work. The committees can be though and a lengthy process. Some committee member are not always up to speed on what the actual job entails or the dept. This is understandable since the committees come from different departments around the college.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were reasonable. I didn't feel there were anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

MFE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baruch College in March 2008.

Pretty open minded. The interview consisted of technical questions. The level was moderate to high. Focussed on programming in c++.

College Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baruch College in June 2010.

Interviewed by the associate controller and the VP's assistant. It was very casual and they just asked me about some of my work experiences from my resume. They asked me what I would do if I did not understand a task given to me and I told them that I would simply ask my supervisor for assistance and they seemed to like that answer a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at ______.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were unsure how to complete a task given to you?   Answer Question