Bashas' Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.0

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bashas'.

Interview

I already knew somebody who worked under the store director, so it was already pretty easy for me to get my foot in the door. It did my application online, went and saw the director the next day, but my application did not show up on their system (it takes a few days) so I came back 3 days later and basically we just had a conversation of "why do you want to work here" and "what is your schedule". I did not get the job I wanted due to my age, but I was offered another position to work in until I turn 18. Very easy, store director was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Have a brief version of what your schedule is. Instead of "all day this day, all day that day, Xam to Xpm on this day, oh wait i'm not available that day, hold on let me think".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Couldn't get barista clerk or cashier because I am 17, but was offered a position as a courtesy clerk until I turn 18, and then I can choose which one I want.

Bakery Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bashas'.

Interview

As an outside candidate there was a series of 3 interviews. First was with a customer service manager, then with the store director, then another with the director and a company supervisor. I also took a cashier test and another battery style behavior test.

Interview Questions

• At the time I was not a professional baker. They really asked a lot of questions on how I would manage without the basic skills needed in day to day operations. I had years of restaurant, management and production skills to rely on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a fair and resonable offer. I chose to work with the company at the time when others made similar offers because they offered a pension and better health benefits. This is no longer an option at this company.

Front End/Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bashas' (Mesa, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called back probably 3 weeks later for a interview that was scheduled for a week later at 3pm. I got there 10 minutes early and after waiting 5 minutes we started the interview. The interviewer was nice he basically read my application and made sure nothing had changed. He left the interview twice for a few mins a time. I don't believe it was a fair interview for me to explain what i can offer.. it seemed to me that they have already hired someone else before the interview. I was very excited to work there. I didn't have much of a interview. At the end of the interview i asked when should i be hearing back from you?. He said with in the next week. I didn't' even get a call back just a email informing me they had chosen someone who better qualifies for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions really. Very short interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bashas' (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview is mostly based on how you react with people. It also is good to be good in simple math. For the most part make sure you have a good personality and a clean body.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time A person openly disagreed with you and what you did to handle it?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

interviewed at Bashas' in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call a few weeks later, came in for interview, and then went to the training. The training wasn't really helpful. Reported to store after 3 day training was completed, and learned how department worked.

Baker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bashas' in February 2012.

Interview

I put in an application on website. When I called to follow up, manager had never heard of me. I went to interview 3 days later. Manager never reviewed my application or resume. Hiring based solely on digital portfolio. 3 days later, drug test. 4 weeks later job offer made after I called to follow up. Management went on vacation.

Interview Questions

• Do your fondant cakes have that squished, dry, wrinkle look?   1 Answer

Negotiation

4 weeks of no communication from management. I called 3 times to follow up and finally was told there was an offer. No negotiation afforded on my part.