Bashas' Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bashas'

Bakery Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bashas'.

As an outside candidate there was a series of 3 interviews. First was with a customer service manager, then with the store director, then another with the director and a company supervisor. I also took a cashier test and another battery style behavior test.

Interview Questions
    • At the time I was not a professional baker. They really asked a lot of questions on how I would manage without the basic skills needed in day to day operations. I had years of restaurant, management and production skills to rely on.   Answer Question
    They made a fair and resonable offer. I chose to work with the company at the time when others made similar offers because they offered a pension and better health benefits. This is no longer an option at this company.

Front End/Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bashas' in September 2012.

I applied for the position online and was called back probably 3 weeks later for a interview that was scheduled for a week later at 3pm. I got there 10 minutes early and after waiting 5 minutes we started the interview. The interviewer was nice he basically read my application and made sure nothing had changed. He left the interview twice for a few mins a time. I don't believe it was a fair interview for me to explain what i can offer.. it seemed to me that they have already hired someone else before the interview. I was very excited to work there. I didn't have much of a interview. At the end of the interview i asked when should i be hearing back from you?. He said with in the next week. I didn't' even get a call back just a email informing me they had chosen someone who better qualifies for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions really. Very short interview.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

interviewed at Bashas' in April 2010.

Applied online. Received a call a few weeks later, came in for interview, and then went to the training. The training wasn't really helpful. Reported to store after 3 day training was completed, and learned how department worked.

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bashas' in February 2012.

I put in an application on website. When I called to follow up, manager had never heard of me. I went to interview 3 days later. Manager never reviewed my application or resume. Hiring based solely on digital portfolio. 3 days later, drug test. 4 weeks later job offer made after I called to follow up. Management went on vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Do your fondant cakes have that squished, dry, wrinkle look?   View Answer
    4 weeks of no communication from management. I called 3 times to follow up and finally was told there was an offer. No negotiation afforded on my part.

Worked for Bashas'? Contribute to the Community!